Does Tzeentch have a Chosen One?

Quixus

Is Omegon doing the bidding of one or more of the chaos powers? Do we know? I don't think so.

Who knows when two of the gods are master manipulators. Even the Imperium could be doing their bidding and furthering their goals and not know it.

I think Tzeetnch's true champion is Lion El Johnson.

It's gonna be Tzee's big plot twist in the end times. He's gonna be all "that's right, mitches! DA's been corrupt and planting seeds this whole time!"

Ok, maybe I just have it in for the dark Angels... But still...

So what defines someone as chosen of a god? To me it means: the individual most favored by the god.

There may be circumstances where one servant is favored more than the chosen, for example after a major victory, but overall the god still has his favorate servant. Sure he is a god and can have several favored servants, but only one favorite servant.

For those who feel that Tzentch has many chosen, how would you define that? What separates a chosen of Tzentch from someone merely marked by the god?

The true intentions of the Chaos Gods...

Nurgle: I'm really all about horticulture, all that death and decay stuff was just about compost and fertilizer for my petunias.

Khorne: You misunderstood me, I'm not in it for the blood, I'm a god of laundry, the bloodshed just kept people doing my bidding.

Tzentch and Slannesh are a bit harder. But in all seriousness it is impossible to comprehend a being of such magnitudes greater power than oneself.

Chaos characters have such insane depth to them, and are thrown into such insane, mythological circumstances. Such awesome narrative material.

I take it that's why you seem to like writing about them then thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure I like the implication that the same can't be said of loyalists, which I would call patently false, but I'm sure that wasn't what AD-B meant.

Naw. No implication. Pointing out why something rocks doesn't invalidate other reasons for other things rocking. There's no case for saying loyalists are in the same mythological circumstances (because they're not; they don't live in the incarnation of madness, nightmares, and Hell where all souls go to die) but they have no less interesting circumstances, issues, and things that make them great narrative material.

Chaos characters have such insane depth to them, and are thrown into such insane, mythological circumstances. Such awesome narrative material.

I'm not sure I like the implication that the same can't be said of loyalists, which I would call patently false, but I'm sure that wasn't what AD-B meant.

Naw. No implication. Pointing out why something rocks doesn't invalidate other reasons for other things rocking. There's no case for saying loyalists are in the same mythological circumstances (because they're not; they don't live in the incarnation of madness, nightmares, and Hell where all souls go to die) but they have no less interesting circumstances, issues, and things that make them great narrative material.

I was being sarcastic I promise. It's that bad English habit that never goes away and doesn't always translate well.

I don't mean to disagree, and I certainly don't mean to denigrate Chaos in favor of loyalists, but I don't understand why living "in the incarnation of madness, nightmares, and Hell where all souls go to die" would be a requirement for a mythological narrative. After all, loyalists are often threatened by those very elements, as outside influences that test them, which is something they have in common with the majority of mythological tales. Again, certainly not saying Chaos has no claim to it, I'm just not sure I understand the restriction.

I don't mean to disagree, and I certainly don't mean to denigrate Chaos in favor of loyalists, but I don't understand why living "in the incarnation of madness, nightmares, and Hell where all souls go to die" would be a requirement for a mythological narrative.

He didn't say that. He said they're not in the same mythological circumstances, they have their own.

Ahriman is the only chosen of tzeentch, because is the only astartes that acts exactly as him

furthermore, is written that only Ahriman can venture inside the Crystal Labyrinth without going mad, only him and Lords of Change can

I don't mean to disagree, and I certainly don't mean to denigrate Chaos in favor of loyalists, but I don't understand why living "in the incarnation of madness, nightmares, and Hell where all souls go to die" would be a requirement for a mythological narrative. After all, loyalists are often threatened by those very elements, as outside influences that test them, which is something they have in common with the majority of mythological tales. Again, certainly not saying Chaos has no claim to it, I'm just not sure I understand the restriction.

Naw. I'm talking a literal existence in a land of myth ("mythological circumstances" were my words) not that they're the only characters "meeting the requirement for a mythological narrative". Two wildly, wildly different things, there.

Loyalists are threatened by X, their journeys mirror the mythological journeys of Y, they deal with Z, and so on. Sure. Obviously. Their capacity for a mythological narrative goes without saying.

But it's not restricting loyalists to say that Chaos Marines literally live in a realm where nightmares and dreams and emotions and the dead are actually there all the time, as mundane elements, as neighbours and friends and enemies and quite literally living next door. Those are specifically different (and interesting) mythological/mythical circumstances.

Anyone can have a mythological narrative. That's not the same thing as living in a realm of mythological and supernatural elements turned up to 11.

I don't mean to disagree, and I certainly don't mean to denigrate Chaos in favor of loyalists, but I don't understand why living "in the incarnation of madness, nightmares, and Hell where all souls go to die" would be a requirement for a mythological narrative.

He didn't say that. He said they're not in the same mythological circumstances, they have their own.

Exactly.

Fair enough. It honestly sounded like you were saying their mythological circumstances and potential for a mythological narrative were one and the same, that you need one for the other, which is what raised my eyebrow.

In reality though, loyalist stories are like vanilla ice cream with different flavored syrups on them. Chaos marines are entirely different flavors of ice cream. A loyalist character is practically interchangeable with any other loyalist character. Hell, even the models end up looking interchangeable with different colors of paint. Chaos doesn't have that problem. With enough effort, a chaos army/character will be entirely unique in a way loyalists can never come close too.

I feel like Tzeentch wouldn't have a direct champion that worships him but he would bestow his gifts on someone he wants to serve him. Like Magnus for example, He wanted Magnus to serve him but he Magnus kept refusing, even refusing Tzeentch when he tried a more forceful way of acquiring Magnus' fealty. So he gave Magnus gifts, in the hopes that he would serve him and forced him into working for him. This could be different for other champions though, some of them could willing work for Tzeentch.

Archived