Blood Angels and Sisters Exterminatus Assault Force Plog

Duke Danse Macabre

So this looks to be an ongoing Plog, I have another for BA for my Dante force but this is a VERY different kind of force and is very Combat oriented so I am trying to get the right feel for it.

Looking at the campaign the way it has progressed and the sisters taking a strong part in it I wanted to see them taking part in the heavy fighting where they belong.

The force will likely be filled with conversions but for the start of it here I just want to make sure I have the correct for ce down as odds are I will be painting these sisters in the correct colours for this Force which is white sadly unless I have a change of heart and keep them more traditional.

The force is built to be a 1850 alpha Strike list using the Codex Baal Formation for +1 Initiative.

I'll hsow the list as below as I intend it to arrive.

The Entire force arrives from reserves.

Turn 1 2 drop pods fly in.

The First is:

5 Man Marine Squad

Combi Melta

Melta Gun

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

the Second is:

8 Sisters of Battle

Simulacrum imperialis

Combi Plasma

Melta Gun

With

Captain Karlaen

Helping the unit out and giving rerolls to Reserves which I need.

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

That unit will either drop in close or far way depending on the enemy force.

Turn 2:

3rd Drop pod will arrive.

5 Man Marine Squad

Power Weapon

Heavy Flamer

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

This Squad will drop in close ready to attack going for the smaller units or moving others off objectives. 

- Storm Raven 1

Mephiston

9 Death Company

2 Power Weapons

2 Inferno Pistols

3 Power Fists

Lemartes

This unit will come in hot going straight for armour and making sure to get ready for assault next turn.

Storm Raven 2

10 Sisters Repentia

Mistress of Repentance

Jacobus (Will be modeled as a different priest for the different order of sisters)

Same role as the first Storm Raven but will go for bigger targets like Knights etc for the eviserators to come into play.

Now playing this force as I look at it comes across as fast moving, good anti troop, good anti armour, anti air, great combat and fluff to boot.

The only weakness is turn 1 we will be on the back foot and must survive that turn which means where I drop my pods.

Any thoughts, any tips?

I would be very wary of expecting 2 pods, 5 marines and 8 sisters to survive on the table against (often) your opponent's full strength. Mileage may vary based on what you play against, how aggressively you position the pods and the amount of terrain you use.

Sounds like a blast to play though.

The Captain come in with the sisters.

the Tacticals will liekly come in behindarmour and pop something costly.

The sisters will be more out of the way and because he will be on the table when i deploy with them it will get my rserves in and keep them alive.

You forget how much of a tactical advantage deoplying second it as I can dictate the flow of battle and wheere everything will be, I hoestly don't think I will have a problem 95% deploying my force in this way unless its a barren board with no cover anywhere.

Just the moment I drop the hammer though, decending on wings of fire straight into the heart of the foe raking the skys clean with Assault Cannon and Melta.

I can't wait to really get into the fore with a combat force that can take a hit and give it back twice as hard.

<---- looking forward to the AAR for this.

God I wish I knew what that Abreviation ment. lol :P

I am very tempted to go heavy Blood Splatter on the Sisters Repentia and Death Company, get a true Whirlwind of gore effect.

Not sure if I would want to spare Mephiston the same effect though, he strike me as more of the sort to wade through rivers of blood and emerge without a drop on him.

God I wish I knew what that Abreviation ment. lol tongue.png

After Action Report I assume.

I am very tempted to go heavy Blood Splatter on the Sisters Repentia and Death Company, get a true Whirlwind of gore effect.

Not sure if I would want to spare Mephiston the same effect though, he strike me as more of the sort to wade through rivers of blood and emerge without a drop on him.

Give Mephi a bigger base and put pools of blood around him but only a single drop of blood in his blade.

God I wish I knew what that Abreviation ment. lol tongue.png

After Action Report I assume.

Give Mephi a bigger base and put pools of blood around him but only a single drop of blood in his blade.

I already have him on a 50mm base, he is striding across a shatter eagle, issue is though I don't want the blood coating the Power Weapon Effect.

Either way i will post him up later tonight and see what folks think.

Archived