Anti-Air

Joasht

My bad! "Bastion" was the wrong choice of word! I meant "battery" - Vengeance Batteries!

How about the Gatling gun? Heavy 20 was it so you've a good chance of rolling a few 6's

Has to fire at closest target (Icarus cannons have same issue  - but they can fire at closest flyer!) and also only S5 :( so, even if you get some 6s (3 on average) you're likely to only get an HP from an AV10/11 vehicle.

just beware that the vengeance box set doesn't come with the icarus option. You have to scratch build or use parts from the firestorm redoubt.

Aye, I kind of figured. The description on the website clearly states it only comes with the battlecannon or punisher cannon, but proceeds to show the highly-confusing image of the Icarus mounted on it >_>

Would be cool if we could tie in the FW missile batteries to the Daemoclese...

.... In lue of the Orbital Bombardment it instead gives each battery 360 degree fire arch and upgrades it's BS to 4.  This would represent satellite targeting or something like that.

I use those too!  Very good for their cost.  140 points nets you 4 of them - thats 4x S8, AP3 BS3 (twinlinked) shots with skyfire/intercept.  

Also like that they dont have to shoot the closest unit like the bastions. And theyre resilient as all heck.

I use those too!  Very good for their cost.  140 points nets you 4 of them - thats 4x S8, AP3 BS3 (twinlinked) shots with skyfire/intercept.  

Also like that they dont have to shoot the closest unit like the bastions. And theyre resilient as all heck.

Thought you were going off these following the changes to vehicle damage tables in this edition...?

I needed something that could efficiently deal with Super Heavies during the initial release of Apocalypse.  Eventually it got re-purposed as an AA weapon.

If you think that thing is ugly you should see the dreadnought I built as an answer to Chaos Obliterators!  :p

I use those too! Very good for their cost. 140 points nets you 4 of them - thats 4x S8, AP3 BS3 (twinlinked) shots with skyfire/intercept.

Kinda pricey though. £88 for a 140 points = Ouchie!

Maybe picking up some Whirlwind turrets on eBay would be chaeper

I use those too! Very good for their cost. 140 points nets you 4 of them - thats 4x S8, AP3 BS3 (twinlinked) shots with skyfire/intercept.

Kinda pricey though. £88 for a 140 points = Ouchie!

Maybe picking up some Whirlwind turrets on eBay would be chaeper

Indeed!  The problem is what to mount them to...

Archived