Question about Blood Angels & Necrons **Major Spoilers**

Kilofix

Had some questions about the Blood Angels and their alliance with the Necrons:

In Black Library's The Word of the Silent King, Dante and the Blood Angels form an Alliance with the Necrons on Gehenna, then they find out later that they got the short end of the stick having taken the brunt of the combat and losses against the Tyranids.

So why then does Dante ally himself with Anrakyr and the Necrons so easily (again) in the Cryptus System in Shield of Baal: Exterminatus? I mean, I understand that Dante knows that he has no choice given that the Blood Angels can't defeat the Tyranids on their own, but you'd think he'd be super paranoid about them this time around. It just seemed too convenient.

"He has no choice..." Seems to be the answer. That and we're talking about a game, not a novel with developed characters within a narrative arc.

Isn't that what "Word of the Silent King" is?   Exterminatus has its own fluff too that doesnt factor in the game.

"He has no choice..." Seems to be the answer. That and we're talking about a game, not a novel with developed characters within a narrative arc.

Isn't that what "Word of the Silent King" is?   Exterminatus has its own fluff too that doesnt factor in the game.

I felt the Exterminatus fluff was pretty good.  Sure, I dislike the Necron-BA alliance, but I can see both sides being willing to set aside differences extremely temporarily to face something far worse.

I was referring to the OP's question about why in Exterminatus Dante wasn't more concerned when the Necrons showed up.

Personally I didn't find Exterminatus narrative all that great. The level of detail was inconsistent, but this is a game supplement and not a novel, so I lowered my expectations.

Archived