Chaos psychic powers & psychic focus

Brom MKIV

This is not meant to be a rules debate although it may well end that way. I'm really just interested in how YOU approach this.. that way I can gather a consensus if you will. 

So, how do you generate powers for marked units/ICs? i.e. how many primaris powers can they know, if any, assuming they have rolled on a single table?

Would you consider a primaris power to be 'generated'?

How do you interpret chaos psychic focus?

As Lucio says.  I play a lot of psykers, and just started all my Tzeetnch sorcerers with the Primaris before bothering to roll due to focus.

Sadly the Primas power does not count as having rolled once on the table, so if you're a level 1 marked Sorcerer you only get powers from your god's list.

As Lucio says.  I play a lot of psykers, and just started all my Tzeetnch sorcerers with the Primaris before bothering to roll due to focus.

Sadly the Primas power does not count as having rolled once on the table, so if you're a level 1 marked Sorcerer you only get powers from your god's list.

I know.  But outside of Aspiring Sorcerers, I never take anyone who is Mastery level 1.

I tried both. With the compulsory-power-through-chaos-focus my TS army kicks ass and takes names in my group. Without they are barely capable to change their aduld diapers.

But still, you have to roll at least once on the table to satisfy the rule.

My store has a house rule that the chaos focus counts as the compulsory power

This is a great idea and what I would like to see happen from GW.

I tried both. With the compulsory-power-through-chaos-focus my TS army kicks ass and takes names in my group. Without they are barely capable to change their aduld diapers.

But still, you have to roll at least once on the table to satisfy the rule.

Again as above although I feel like if the primaris satisfied the roll on the patron gods table then we would see more 1k Sons armies. 

Senseless restrictions on non loyalist factions are annoying and in this case nearly crippling. 

Marked Sorcerer = Primas Power plus at least one power from your God's discipline (and no more than half from the same). Never gains Psychic Focus.

Unmarked Sorcerer - Gains Psychic Focus as applicable.

This is my interpretation of the rules as well, unfortunatly. Hopefully it will change in the next codex whenever that is.

Archived