I've played only a couple of games so far, but I absolutely love new BA codex. No new ugly abominations like wolf cavalry, derp-dragons or centurions. Awesome assault units with reasonable price (DC and SG), the best tactical squad of all loyalists SM.

Finally, thanks to sanguine wing, I can use Vanguards, which are close to useless in C:SM, and Sternguard, previously very expensive.

After my first and second armies (CSM and Black Templars) became bland and boring, I was happy when my small Flesh Tearers detachment got everything I wanted from SM army.

Also, Seth is almost as good as Khârn when you need cheap beatstick :D

I have to admit that the one thing about the new codex that annoys me is razorbacks getting shoved over into Heavy Support. I know, I've said it before and I'll say it again now, I rarely used all my Heavy Support allotment... but on the other hand, razorbacks just aren't all that good. It was a lot easier to justify using them as a dedicated transport because they're pretty good as transports. However, they're pretty crappy as tanks, even if they are tanks that can carry some dudes, because "carrying dudes" is no longer nearly as important now that the tank itself can count as scoring, if it somehow happens to survive.

I just don't see myself using it as much anymore. I almost feel like I'd rather bring a rhino and use it to transport a tactical squad with a flamer and a heavy flamer.

But I hardly called this the "short straw."

I have to admit that the one thing about the new codex that annoys me is razorbacks getting shoved over into Heavy Support. I know, I've said it before and I'll say it again now, I rarely used all my Heavy Support allotment... but on the other hand, razorbacks just aren't all that good. It was a lot easier to justify using them as a dedicated transport because they're pretty good as transports. However, they're pretty crappy as tanks, even if they are tanks that can carry some dudes, because "carrying dudes" is no longer nearly as important now that the tank itself can count as scoring, if it somehow happens to survive.

I just don't see myself using it as much anymore. I almost feel like I'd rather bring a rhino and use it to transport a tactical squad with a flamer and a heavy flamer.

Methinks you need to take another look at the rules Pally :)

Methinks you need to take another look at the rules Pally smile.png

Ah, yes. You're right! It's Fast Attack, not Heavy Support, and only assault marines lost access to it as a dedicated transport.

I retract all my complaints. I have no complaints1. New codex = best thing ever.

It's a solid book for sure. It'd be damned near perfect if:

-Tacticals could buy CCWs at 1 pt per model.

-Baals had stayed as FA.

-The Flesh Tearer det used Red Thirst instead of Explosion of Bloodlust as its special rule. Because it really is just flat-out inferior.

-Overcharged engines were not mandatory on Rhinos and Razorbacks.

Baals losing scout was a big knock.

Guess they just don't want us putting our baals on the line...

Or maybe it's Geordie Dante who's to blame; I heard a rumour he told the Silent King to "Listen marra, get yer hands off me baals or me n' the lads will wipe yor shiny heed aall ower the flooer", but perhaps it was false.

Tycho losing his CC gear was such a huge pity though :/ I was a little miffed about the Baals too, but eh, it's not like I even own one to sacrifice.

I have 3 normal preds and 3 Baals. I don't even have a special detachment that allows me to use them all together dry.png

If you area isn't against double cad then you could always do that.

Tycho losing his CC gear was such a huge pity though :/ I was a little miffed about the Baals too, but eh, it's not like I even own one to sacrifice.

I have 3 normal preds and 3 Baals. I don't even have a special detachment that allows me to use them all together dry.png

Allies are pretty much banned, so nevermind double CAD.

I have 3 normal preds and 3 Baals. I don't even have a special detachment that allows me to use them all together <_<

And that's the problem, the game isn't meant to be played that way.

And that's the problem, the game isn't meant to be played that way.

This ^

Cant really help if your group makes their own rules as influenced by previous editions. This isn't 6th anymore.

TBH, I'm glad it's that way. The monstrosities you can build using multiple detachments... *shudders*

The only problem is that it severely limits access to a lot of fun units like Inquisitors or Assassins.

Well that is true anyway here of jy2s pentyflyrant list. Basically 5 tyranids flying hive tyrants it's disgusting. Also played that first game with blood angels I ended up in my first apocalypse game and of course the blood angels fought there.the game was imperial vs non imperials. The battle was epic with 4 primarchs there and the mechanicus. Horus fought alongside death company which was strange and horus was taken down by abadon. I ended up deep striking my army becuase is needed to reinforce our flank. I forgot how fun blood angels are and assualt with then feels kinda like easy mode after playing templars.

TBH, I'm glad it's that way. The monstrosities you can build using multiple detachments... *shudders*

The only problem is that it severely limits access to a lot of fun units like Inquisitors or Assassins.

I used to think that too, but then I realized that the worst army lists out there were daemons and eldar (they don't need allies at all them buggers). Just build some list and compare it with a regular CAD eldar/daemon army, and if you think you will beat those regularly, you may have found an overpowered list ;P

I used to think that too, but then I realized that the worst army lists out there were daemons and eldar (they don't need allies at all them buggers). Just build some list and compare it with a regular CAD eldar/daemon army, and if you think you will beat those regularly, you may have found an overpowered list ;P

Fair point about Eldar and Daemons, but Tau get much worse when you can spam Riptides.

Clearly not many people have seen the filth that That_One_Marshal alluded to above... Pentyrant list is filthy. The problem's players rather than systems - for every two or three players that use multiple detachments/allies to get a fun, fluffy list (allied Inquisitor, Imperial Guard Planetary Defence Force shored up by a small but valued contingent of Raven Guard, A sorcerer heavy CSM list with some summoned daemons) someone takes it as an excuse to bust out their quadruple Riptide/5 hive tyrant/Adamantium Lance/4 Wraithknight list...

Clearly not many people have seen the filth that That_One_Marshal alluded to above... Pentyrant list is filthy. The problem's players rather than systems - for every two or three players that use multiple detachments/allies to get a fun, fluffy list (allied Inquisitor, Imperial Guard Planetary Defence Force shored up by a small but valued contingent of Raven Guard, A sorcerer heavy CSM list with some summoned daemons) someone takes it as an excuse to bust out their quadruple Riptide/5 hive tyrant/Adamantium Lance/4 Wraithknight list...

Am I the only one who wants to see a pacific rim type battle between knights and tons of nids monsters. Or knights vs wraith knight.

Archived