Clearly not many people have seen the filth that That_One_Marshal alluded to above... Pentyrant list is filthy. The problem's players rather than systems - for every two or three players that use multiple detachments/allies to get a fun, fluffy list (allied Inquisitor, Imperial Guard Planetary Defence Force shored up by a small but valued contingent of Raven Guard, A sorcerer heavy CSM list with some summoned daemons) someone takes it as an excuse to bust out their quadruple Riptide/5 hive tyrant/Adamantium Lance/4 Wraithknight list...

Am I the only one who wants to see a pacific rim type battle between knights and tons of nids monsters. Or knights vs wraith knight.

Hell yes, when/if Nids get something comparable.

I have played a Tyrannids player using the Deathstorm scenarios and new BA codex.

Like a number of us have said, our new codex is good. My addition is that I like the Formations + Dante's axe is finally fixed.

And the 7th Edition Wall of Death special rule on Heavy Flamers' overwatch is AWESOME! biggrin.png Many, many Nids were toasted.

I have just bought the new Tactical squad box, and going thru my box of spares, so I can add Heavy Flamers and Grav guns to some of my Tactical squads.

Adding another Hand Flamer to Death Company, too.

Ultimately no game rules system can negate 'that guy'. Absolutely none. Thats not a deficiency in the rules, its a deficiency in the player.multiple cad is part of the rules and shouldnt be written out of it using the poor excuse of him.

Unfortunately, the "that guys" are far outnumbering the fluff bunnies at this point.

I really just wish GW imposed some sort of sense into it all. Like a scaling "FOC" depending on how many points you are playing.

Many, many Nids were toasted.

And there was much rejoicing. And the people did celebrate, with lambs, goats, coconuts and cornflakes and...woops, where was I? Only managed to play nids twice in 7th edition, against our clubs premier bug-hugger, and tabled the poor bugger both times. Actually felt a little bad second time, all the effort he had put into painting everything really well and stuff just got burned and shredded with frag cannons left, right and centre. He quite sportingly declined to play me again - I'd also slaughtered his necrons twice and he's actually got a very strong record at the club - and I can't say I blame him: we seem to be a nemesis army for nids.

And it's only got worse for them with our new heavy flamers. The thought of dropping my tacticals with heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer in front of a horde of gaunts excites me more than is probably normal.

Burnination is the name of the game; splinter and toast with frag and flame. And we just got awesome at it.

Still wary of giving flamer weapons to assault units, as my charge range dice tend to be almost as low as my rolls to wound, which have been pretty golly gee lately. Dead handy as an overwatch tool though.

Not unrelated, I got "Mawloced" saturday evening, and lost all of my assault marines to it, plus two wounds on Dante. It was not fun, as I got in this game to use assault marines. I won't be deepstriking vs that horsesh*t anymore as I'd rather be Dakkafexed than Mawloced.

Dante did at least go on to heroically engage two synapse units in a disordered charge before the game ended.

Needless to say I'll be finishing that Storm Eagle sooner than I thought.

Many, many Nids were toasted.

And there was much rejoicing. And the people did celebrate, with lambs, goats, coconuts and cornflakes and...woops, where was I? Only managed to play nids twice in 7th edition, against our clubs premier bug-hugger, and tabled the poor bugger both times. Actually felt a little bad second time, all the effort he had put into painting everything really well and stuff just got burned and shredded with frag cannons left, right and centre. He quite sportingly declined to play me again - I'd also slaughtered his necrons twice and he's actually got a very strong record at the club - and I can't say I blame him: we seem to be a nemesis army for nids.

And it's only got worse for them with our new heavy flamers. The thought of dropping my tacticals with heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer in front of a horde of gaunts excites me more than is probably normal.

Burnination is the name of the game; splinter and toast with frag and flame. And we just got awesome at it.

Still wary of giving flamer weapons to assault units, as my charge range dice tend to be almost as low as my rolls to wound, which have been pretty censored.gif lately. Dead handy as an overwatch tool though.

Flamers and flamer weaponry are easily my favorite weapons in the game.

Move + Flame + Charge = almost nobody left.

Not unrelated, I got "Mawloced" saturday evening, and lost all of my assault marines to it, plus two wounds on Dante. It was not fun, as I got in this game to use assault marines. I won't be deepstriking vs that horsesh*t anymore as I'd rather be Dakkafexed than Mawloced.

Dante did at least go on to heroically engage two synapse units in a disordered charge before the game ended.

Does the mawloc still hit the unit if it is deployed on upper levels of a ruin, but still over the mawlocs base? Otherwise yeah screw that for a game of soldiers.

Does the mawloc still hit the unit if it is deployed on upper levels of a ruin, but still over the mawlocs base? Otherwise yeah screw that for a game of soldiers.

It only hits on the bottom floor of a ruin. I'm gonna keep my jump pack boys on the first turn from now on and try to get them on rooftops asap.

I generally hate wishlisting, or wishnerfing in this case,but if its gonna be friggin' ap2 then it should be str4 or 5, giving a 1/2 or 1/3 chance of survival for Astartes, respectively. The mawloc is a one trick pony, but holy hell is that one trick a doosey.

Ultimately no game rules system can negate 'that guy'. Absolutely none. Thats not a deficiency in the rules, its a deficiency in the player.multiple cad is part of the rules and shouldnt be written out of it using the poor excuse of him.

Unfortunately, the "that guys" are far outnumbering the fluff bunnies at this point.

I really just wish GW imposed some sort of sense into it all. Like a scaling "FOC" depending on how many points you are playing.

And then all the complaints about gw forcing people to play an army in a particular way. Just doesnt work.....

After a month or so of just not getting a game they'll get the message.

And then all the complaints about gw forcing people to play an army in a particular way. Just doesnt work.....

Why? It wasn't that long ago that all we had was a single FOC. Is it really that much to ask to have to do so again in small points game?

I'm not a fan of the solid FOC and much rather prefer this. From my understanding, you can take whatever you want, you just don't get the benefits unless you stick to the FOC's provided. Is that wrong? (If it is, I still haven't been playing wrong, as I always take the FOC)

Archived