Shield of Baal box set

xXxVATIKINxXx

It is a great start to an army and actually contains everything you need to play a game with the codex detachment. While the units are sub optimal I feel it is a great addition or start to the collection I would follow it up with a tactical box or two and then just go for what catches your eye you will have a full army in short order

IIRC the price is less than what you would pay for the BA units. So you get more than the tyranids and rulebooks for free. As Nova_chron said the models can make a legal Combined Arms Detachment, but you may want to look over the codex before assembling them and maybe build them differently. Then however you might need two additional troops choices (which could be made with a single box of BA tacticals).

My boxset alongside a Tactical Squad with a Rhino transport seems to do pretty well against light armor and infantry armies so far. I actually have a second set of the Angels from deathstorm I went halfies on with, buidling them differently. Librarian Dread, Terminator squad with CML, turning the extra Karlaen into a Librarian with the relic force staff, and then my own pointed out death company unit...

I also use the death company boxes to make regular assault marines... I just paint them normal and fill in over the X's...Which I now have a unit of Death Company turned into ASM w/ 2 meltaguns and 2 infernus pistols delivered by a drop pod. : ) Can't wait to use these tank busters.

Captain Karlaen - 160 points

Hammer of Baal, Storm Bolter

Squad Alphaeus - 215 points

Heavy Flamer

Power Sword(Sgt)

Chainfist

Cassor the Damned - 140 points

Blood Talons w/stormbolter and meltagun

Raphen's Death Company - 210 points

Thunder Hammer

Infernus Pistol

Power Sword

Tactical Squad - 275 points

Plasma Pistols x2, Melta bombs(Veteran Sgt)

Heavy Flamer

Grav Gun

Dedicated Rhino: Dozer Blade, Another storm bolter

Archived