A question for my Blood Angel brothers

Casual Heresy

Greetings brothers from Baal!

I'm usually a player of many different marine armies (I have large forces of Imperial Fists, Space Wolves, Grey Knights and a small army of Dark Angels) but recently I've been tempted to dig out my space hulk models and make an Archangels army using the rules in Shield of Baal: Exterminatus.

So my question is this; in the new Blood Angel Codex is there anything which allows first turn Deepstrike? I know there probably isn't but I haven't seen the new codex yet. Failing that are there any rules in the codex or in Exterminatus that allow more accurate Deepstrike? I'd like to build as fluffy an army as possible so I plan to only use Terminator and Veteran units.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Only pods can deep strike first turn. There is a Formation in WD47 that allowed Stormravens to come on T1.

More accurate deep strike for Anti-Grav and Jumpers can be gained through Dante as Warlord. His trait is Descend of Angels (re-roll reserves and only 1d6 scatter for jump and anti-grav).

Alternatively, use the Archangels detachment from Exterminatus. It can not take Dante, but it has Descend of Angels build in as detachment bonus, only it affect every deep striking unit, not just jumpers and anti-grav. This would be your cue for accurate TDA.

The archangel formation allows you to roll from turn one and with rerolls and have one less scatter though it's a biggie.

Captain

Chaplain

4 furiosos

10 squads in any combination from:

Terminator

Terminator assault

Sternguard

Vanguard vet

No restrictions either so you could put some in pods and/or start them on the table. It's in exterminartus.

I think there might be another first company data sheet that would interest you but I've got to run, I'll check in later if I've found it (ie. Not imagined it in a turkey induced fever dream.)

Merry Christmas.

Archived