A way to Reroll wounds on Death Company...

Duke Danse Macabre

Something I have been considering these past few hours.

Lets face it, SOB do melta better than any other and their basic squads can get prefered enemy, as we can unlock drop pods as fast attack this is a great boon to us if we don't use all our slots however the main one that gets me in their priests.

As it stands Death Company can't reroll to wound or for armour unless we take Asorath which is a expancive guy and we may not have the HQ slot spare with Libarians and Priests eating these up, even Lemartes who does not take a slot is a costly choice for not a big return.

Now if we take a priest, they will set us back 5 point more than a STandard DC marine but They give us Hatred through Zealot, can use War Hymns so that we can reroll armour saves or even better, to wound rolls. 

They do exactly what they need and as a choice they do not take up a HQ slot even in the sisters book and can be taken 1-5 which if we took 5 they would still be cheaper than Lemartes.

Also unlike Lemartes, they are not bulky and don't take up 2 transport slots.

Obviously they can't have jump packs but froma SR assault they are ideal to run in with the troops and they have IC so spreading them out is not an issue.

The question is though, what does everyone else think?

It's been brought up a couple of times in the past, the main deterrent always seemed to be the troops tax since regular battle sisters are not exactly the best part of the codex. 

Now however with our FA pods we can actually get some use out of 5 (wo)man squads with dual melta or perhaps dual flamers + combi weapon. 

A 25 pt priest is a very good addition to a podded distraction DC? 

But here is the thing, with a 90 point squad of sisters, you can pay for a fast attack drop pod to put them in, thats 3 prefered enemy deep striking meltas in power armour, so really its just another suicide squad but get things done better than you have a priest which is cheap as chips giving you rerolls to whatever you need just like in guard but unlike guard they are IC so you can have them where needed with ease.

So yes you have a troops tax with a minimun 60 points but they are useful troops which can be geared however you like and can still take heavy flamers and a melta gun in a 5 man squad.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. When I as talking about the small squads in pods I meant sister squads, not BA tacs or assault marines.  They are quite useful now, the only thing I'm think is what to do with our own troop tax? The roles I have in mind for a BA tac squad is pretty much the same as the sisters will fill. 

If the Sisters are Suicide melta, could always pop some small tac squads in Razorbacks to add some target saturation and objective secured goodness to the core of the list. Load up on heavy flamers and the Las/Plas to bring the hurt to anything.

As a related note, Sisters stat lines make for pretty good Mechanicum units (shooty, good save etc) so if I were to do this i'd probably make them a bunch of servitors or something else cool! Mainly as the SoB models (though nice) are expensive sad.png

Sisters have their own razorback witha 6+ invunerable and twin linked multi Melta for just 5 points more than the standard as well.

Take a tac squad with DP, sisters with Immolator and swap who goes in what. msn-wink.gif

Some good old fashioned screwing with your foe, will have him confused as hell. lol

I agree on the cash cost but for 5 models, plus HQ and priest conversion it should be faily cheap and lets face it, who has not wanted to have a sisters force at some point.

I see what you mean on the BA tax as well but not a hard one to fill, I like having small squads with heavy flamers built for assault to get folks off objectives, seems to get the job done. ;)

Does Lemartes still let them re roll hits on the charge ?

Lemartes allows rerolls to hit but not wound.

His only plus is that he is an elites choice and not HQ but we have allot of good Elites choices to choose from.

Priests allow rerolls to hit and wound and are 105 points cheaper than Lemartes.

It's only a 50/50 to pull of the secondary abilities, but still better than using psykers.

Does Lemartes still let them re roll hits on the charge ?

Lemartes allows rerolls to hit but not wound.

His only plus is that he is an elites choice and not HQ but we have allot of good Elites choices to choose from.

Priests allow rerolls to hit and wound and are 105 points cheaper than Lemartes.

It's only a 50/50 to pull of the secondary abilities, but still better than using psykers.

Well its a leadership test on the unit, it can't be stopped so more reliable than powers and most marines are LD 9 so allot better than 50%

If the Sisters are Suicide melta, could always pop some small tac squads in Razorbacks to add some target saturation and objective secured goodness to the core of the list. Load up on heavy flamers and the Las/Plas to bring the hurt to anything.

Can you take heavy flamer and melta in squads numbering less than 10 models? Or did you mean combat squad them and put one in each Razor?

No. It's a LD test on the model.

But Saint Celestine lets you use general's LD if within 12" for war hymns

As The One Marshal says, there is a cheap relic which adds a couple more points but allows it to have LD 10 so not as good as I thought but a fix is there.

Can you take heavy flamer and melta in squads numbering less than 10 models? Or did you mean combat squad them and put one in each Razor?

In sisters you can, you get a heavy, a special and a Sargent weapon or 2 specials and a Sargent weapon in 5 sisters.

Something I have been considering these past few hours.

Lets face it, SOB do melta better than any other and their basic squads can get prefered enemy, as we can unlock drop pods as fast attack this is a great boon to us if we don't use all our slots however the main one that gets me in their priests.

As it stands Death Company can't reroll to wound or for armour unless we take Asorath which is a expancive guy and we may not have the HQ slot spare with Libarians and Priests eating these up, even Lemartes who does not take a slot is a costly choice for not a big return.

Now if we take a priest, they will set us back 5 point more than a STandard DC marine but They give us Hatred through Zealot, can use War Hymns so that we can reroll armour saves or even better, to wound rolls. 

They do exactly what they need and as a choice they do not take up a HQ slot even in the sisters book and can be taken 1-5 which if we took 5 they would still be cheaper than Lemartes.

Also unlike Lemartes, they are not bulky and don't take up 2 transport slots.

Obviously they can't have jump packs but froma SR assault they are ideal to run in with the troops and they have IC so spreading them out is not an issue.

The question is though, what does everyone else think?

Where is it stated that Lemartes does not take up a slot? I need to point this out to some people.

The 50/50 thing is moot!  For the price of a power sword you can buy the priest a Litanies of Faith and have him auto pass all the time. 

I've already built a list around this.  

Only poor thing is that you need to buy another HQ to unlock the priests :/  I'm not so keen on using the Celestine (as good as she is).

The 50/50 thing is moot! For the price of a power sword you can buy the priest a Litanies of Faith and have him auto pass all the time.

Only poor thing is that you need to buy another HQ to unlock the priests :/ I'm not so keen on using the Celestine (as good as she is).

How about Uriah basically super priest.

The 50/50 thing is moot! For the price of a power sword you can buy the priest a Litanies of Faith and have him auto pass all the time.

Only poor thing is that you need to buy another HQ to unlock the priests :/ I'm not so keen on using the Celestine (as good as she is).

How about Uriah basically super priest.

That's what my most recent list has!  Check it out here: 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/301187-ba-1850-the-spiritual-guidance-list/

Archived