Custom chapter master.

GrandMagnus

I use Dante with a custom name and model. I have heard of people use Astorath as DIY chapter master. Seems to me you could even use Mephiston for a Blood Ravens type situation.

I personally would be cool with a sword modelled on a custom chapter master. If he's not named Dante I don't see why you couldn't nana his weapon the Sword Mortalis (for example). Don't know about a tournament though. I would keep a "real" Dante model handy in a tourney setting in case you encounter an opponent who has an issue.

Personally I wouldn't care at all. I don't play against anyone other than my dad and my friends, but we allow each other to make our own characters so long as they aren't ridiculous and seem fair point wise. Of course, we play more narratively as well so if he actually dies, he (and all of the other dead units) are permanently gone. 

As long as it is a model of around the same size and you are sticking to the rules go nuts in my opinion! So a jump pack marine with a gun and power weapon could be a dante count as just fine! Hell I'll probably make a model that will act as a valours edge angel wing captain or dante depending on the situation

I use Dantes rules and just change his name

+1. And then I lament that we still don't have a generic Chapter Master.

Which would bring up the question. A model equiped with a sword and using the rules of dante: would you accept it?

Yes. While Dante has an Axe, fortunately the axe mortalis no longer works like an axe. Additionally Dante is a named character and has no wargear options, so it is clear that he has the Axe Mortalis and an Inferno Pistol even if he were modeled with a power cheese grater and a hair dryer.

I use Dante with a custom name and model. I have heard of people use Astorath as DIY chapter master. Seems to me you could even use Mephiston for a Blood Ravens type situation.

Newsflash:

Azariah Kyras has been sent to the Warp and Gabriel Angelos is Chapter master. He is about as psychically adept as a loaf of bread.

The Lord Executioner model would be a sweet generic Dante too...been staring at it at my local GW...looking for an excuse to buy it...Just throw an infernus pistol holstered or something...

or even better, its already in his wargear so it doesn't need to be represented! I primarily play at an official Games Workshop around the corner from me too and he knows I just caught the custom builds bug and custom chapters and everything I have made may not be SPECTACULAR... I have stayed legit. Lol.

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99800101112_LordExecutioner01.jpg

Final Edit I swear: I will not be using that head though. I have extra Death Mask heads from my girlfriend's Sanguinary guard, but I rather throw my favorite space marine helm on, it looks like the Aegis helm for Grey Knights. But not exactly. One comes in the blood angels tactical squad box and one comes in the death company box... which I have some DC still on sprues.

The Lord Executioner model would be a sweet generic Dante too...been staring at it at my local GW...looking for an excuse to buy it...Just throw an infernus pistol holstered or something...

or even better, its already in his wargear so it doesn't need to be represented! I primarily play at an official Games Workshop around the corner from me too and he knows I just caught the custom builds bug and custom chapters and everything I have made may not be SPECTACULAR... I have stayed legit. Lol.

The model has a holster with a pistol in it. Who knows if it is a bolt or inferno pistol. No need for a conversion.

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99800101112_LordExecutioner01.jpg

Final Edit I swear: I will not be using that head though. I have extra Death Mask heads from my girlfriend's Sanguinary guard, but I rather throw my favorite space marine helm on, it looks like the Aegis helm for Grey Knights. But not exactly. One comes in the blood angels tactical squad box and one comes in the death company box... which I have some DC still on sprues.

This is exactly what I did. It looks awesome, looking forward to painting him all gold.

Archived