Custom chapter master.

GrandMagnus

Too bad the pauldrons and arms are atached to the mini :(

This. The molded assault symbol on the right pauldron is the only reason I'm not sold yet on adding it to my BA.

I am either going to fill the symbol in with some greenstuff, or just leave it. It could be a homage to his days as an Assault Marine... Commander Arkaelis is my Chapter Master afterall. : )

Since they now use the soft resin models over pewter metal it would be easy to cut off the left forearm and glue the Sang Guard's wrist mounted Infernus Pistol on that arm. The hand slot should match to the clasped hand on the axe. As far as the assault mark on his right shoulder its easy to scrap off using a Xacto-knife, or razor blade. Just use small cuts to shave off the raised areas.

At the moment, I'd use Dante or Seth's rules alongside a customized model. In the long run, I've got a couple of other ideas. If I'm using one of the big, beefy Exterminatus formations - the ones that are basically your entire list at most points levels - I might just throw in an Unbound Codex: Space Marines chapter master. He'll lack our special rules, which is a shame, but he'll have the right stat line and be customizable, which is ok. I might go so far as to create a reasonably balanced Lord of War chapter master out of whole cloth and try to get my buddies to let me use him, but that seems like too much work for too little reliable benefit.

Archived