Off to Warhammer World.....what do I buy?

marvmoogy

I'm heading off to Nottingham in a bit and can't decide what to get! £40 budget (the rest is finishing off my Wolves) and ideas needed.

I have a battle company of marines, about half the Deathwing and some Ravenwing goodies.... I'm being pulled to the (Damocles?) Forgeworld Command Rhino for the 3rd Company, a Contemptor or a Venerable Dread, or a Land Raider. Something else I haven't thought of??

What would you get and why?

Thanks in advance guys.

Unfortunately a Contemptor with arms is above 40 GBP. For that budget, I would get the MK IV Assault Squad or the Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour. Too bad the cataphractii are too expensive and can't be fielded in 40K as Cataphractii.

I wouldn't buy any GW stuff because, unlike FW sutff, you can get it cheaper elsewhere

I'm heading off to Nottingham in a bit and can't decide what to get! £40 budget (the rest is finishing off my Wolves) and ideas needed.

I have a battle company of marines, about half the Deathwing and some Ravenwing goodies.... I'm being pulled to the (Damocles?) Forgeworld Command Rhino for the 3rd Company, a Contemptor or a Venerable Dread, or a Land Raider. Something else I haven't thought of??

What would you get and why?

Thanks in advance guys.

Personally I'd go for the mortis contemptor with Kheres assault cannons, stretch to a missile launcher if you can.

As said before, it's a lovely poseable model, and is lethal in game.

DM

For me, the Imperial Knight model is a great add, fun to build, and allied with my DA Army provides a good mobile weapons platform.  With a cost a little higher than a tricked out Land Raider I prefer it.  It also allows me to run a decent Green Wing Tactical Army at 750 to 1000 points and with RW or DW over 1K.  I built my fluff for the knight as a survivor from an embattled planet that DW dropped on to support and help end the conflict.  At the end of the battle he fell into ranks with them as a sign of gratitude, and now wears DW logo on his heavy bolter deflector shield.

As far as DA models go, I can never get enough DW but I have also thought about picking up the new BA Librarian to defang and use as part on my new Librarius group.

Anyway you go enjoy and share what you build.

Archived