Lucked out with Relics?

Morticon

Not really.

We have 12 Relics in our Codex and Supplement combined. Space Wolves also have 12.

And our additional Relics are just crap.

Banner: Overcosted.
Archangel's Edge: No, GW, I will not field Terminator Squads!
The Executioner's Hood: Against non-Tyranid armies it is crap and I won't play it against Tyranids because that is a level of list-tailoring that I feel uncomfortable with.
Bones of Baelsor: Same as the Hood.
Slayer's Wrath: This one is "decent", a poisoned (2+) Boltgun that also has MC! But why would I care if I could field a unit of Sternguard with Special Issue Ammunition?
Shield of Cretacia: At this point I was wondering if GW was trolling us, they should be ashamed of themselves.

The thing we do have more off are Warlord Traits.

Because who wouldn't want Objective Secured in his 2-16 Elites Detachment?

Most of them are also crap to "okay, I guess.."

Luckily the Flesh Tearer-Traits are okay-ish.

The Exterminatus book, from a rules-perspective, is quite disappointing for me; especially compared to the Champions of Fenris.

I'd rather have the Company of the Great Wolf, which would be so much better for us!

1-4 HQ, so we could use more Priests.
2-8 Elites without restricting it to units people hardly play.
0-3 Troops < Would make me really happy.
And the standard rest, with a bonus of +1WS to specific units.

Our Detachments are more like "Hey, you know all the models you already have? You cannot take them, buy new ones! In exchange you Deep Strike D6" less."

And let's not forget the Flesh Tearers: "16% chance on Rage when you Charge!"

Their Formations are also 'better', because they have Formations of 3-4 units.

Hell, one of them only needs a single unit with a specific weaponry!

Whereas our smallest Formation starts with three Terminator-squads and goes up to.. well..

Formations made me happy, because to me it were like Apocalypse Formations, but smaller! No longer did I need 10 units to field a Formation.

Remember this beautiful quote?

That’s the equivalent of four Codex Supplements in one book!

I would like to rewrite that: "That's the equivalent of a single Apocalypse Book while we pretend it's an actual Supplement, yet we charge double the price for it."

The only decent thing to come out of that book are the Necron stuff, and that is quite depressing for a book that's supposed to be mainly about Blood Angels.

But hey, at least everyone is excited about a 1020-point Formation just so they can charge in the first turn!

I am glad I downloaded the ePub, because otherwise I'd have to return this book.

Archived