New DA Campaign in 2015

Master Avoghai

Just from BoLS today, where is my cup of salt?

2015 will be the year of supplements and campaigns. Dark angels will almost certainly feature in the next campaign which i heard quite possibly is called DarkStorm

Though I totally expect myself to see no major codex revamp in 2015 and rather lots of campaign books, little codex such as eldar harlequins or tyranids cults, I'm really dubious concerning this info.

Campaigns such as Stormwolf or Deathstorm are usually a way to release a boxset with discount models.

We already have such boxset and it is the starter set. So I hardly imagine GW redoing a boxest a third time.

The other solution is that the starter box will change in 2015 to not contain DA anymore leaving a space for a discount box, but it is very unlikely.

Yes indeed. Us and Crimson Fists [more likely Crimson Slaughter :p] by the look of it. From Faeit:

"The next campaign for Warhammer 40k is rumored to be April/May and to be a round 2 for the Dark Angels and Crimson Fists. Nightfury has chimed in on a name he has heard called Darkstorm. It definitely fits, and we shall see as time moves forward what it will mean, but for now it works."

Please remember that this is a rumor. As with all rumors a little salt is required.

Nightfury from the Faeit 212 Comment Section:

"2015 will be the year of supplements and campaigns. Dark angels will almost certainly feature in the next campaign which i heard quite possibly is called DarkStorm."

Let's wait and see whether this turns out to be fact rather than fiction ^_^.

But as CL says, it's something to look forwards too.

Cheers

I

i dont believe it for 3 good reasons:

1- faeit is not a reliable source of rumors

2- DA vs CSM it's already the starter box so i guess GW will produce something to push the sells of other armies before DA and CSM

3- GW doesn't care so much about DA to make such an effort for our army

What i would like is a 7th edition codex with better rules and costs than the one we have now...

Formations, alternative FOCs, dataslates, tactical objectives, alternative psychic powers are all toppings on the cake and what DA need now is a better cake not toppings on a poorly done one...

my2cents

Sorry, but I have to firmly disagree on this point. Novels, datasheets/formations, models, starter set. GW cares about DA. They just have a bad habit of making the rules not so Eldar-y as one would like.

I think GW care, it's just a bit of a bubble boy mentality when they're coming up with stuff. 

Case and point: How many formations did we get in December: 2. How many of you are rushing out to play them in your next game?....?

The campaign idea is just too hard for me to believe, or should I say I'll believe it when I see it. It just seems too far fetched.

Sorry, but I have to firmly disagree on this point. Novels, datasheets/formations, models, starter set. GW cares about DA. They just have a bad habit of making the rules not so Eldar-y as one would like.

Yes GW make things for DA cause they know they sell but they dont put the necessary attention or i wouldnt explain why we had 3 disappointing codices in a row during the last 15 years...

The only things good for DA comes from the fluff (the books and novels) and the models (that are usually better than the average SM quality)...

Basically the DA are not an army to play but a collector series of models supported by a nice series of novels...

Period...

The easiest option for GW is the most likely; they have a very lazy rehashing rehashes process lately.

Still though, it is great for the First Legion to get a constant stream of love from them, regardless of the dubious quality of that love.

I remain optimistically cynical as usual ;)

The easiest option for GW is the most likely; they have a very lazy rehashing rehashes process lately.

Still though, it is great for the First Legion to get a constant stream of love from them, regardless of the dubious quality of that love.

I remain optimistically cynical as usual msn-wink.gif

I remain realistically cynical about that...

GW is not able to write good rules for DA, they can do pretty models and nice novels about DA, nothing more...

I am sure that this trend will continue for the next 15 years...

Being a dedicated DA fan i abandoned the played 40K to follow only the modelling and novels side... The only time when i still play DA is in DoW2 on my PC...

I'd be keen for this to be honest, my brother collects Chaos so this would be a nice expansion in terms of models/rules/formations for both our armies. I could also see a new codex in 2015 for both armies - why? The earliest 6th ed 'dexes that need a reasonable update. Time to move Abaddon and Azrael to the LOW slot and a new physic discipline ;)

The fluff is usually pretty good from them, and maybe, finally, we will get a worthwhile couple of formations? Perhaps some new relics and rules for Balthasar? New set of warlord traits? 

Ill probably pass on a campaign book unless there are some sensible formations with good armywide rules.

I dont think I really need anymore DA vs Crimson Slaughter fluff. Im pretty tapped out on caring about how much GW wants us to only ever play against Chaos.

Ill probably pass on a campaign book unless there are some sensible formations with good armywide rules.

I dont think I really need anymore DA vs Crimson Slaughter fluff. Im pretty tapped out on caring about how much GW wants us to only ever play against Chaos.

If the BA Formations are anything to go by, then it wouldn't be worth a second look. GW is doing everything for those to remain fluffy or fun but rubbish from a competitive point of view.

They would either be horrendously expensive and/or would use units that are bad.

Something like a Formation made out of three of those flyers of yours and all they get is strafing run or +1 to jink or something minor. Sounds decent on paper, but the flyers are not worth taking to begin with.

If the BA Formations are anything to go by, then it wouldn't be worth a second look. GW is doing everything for those to remain fluffy or fun but rubbish from a competitive point of view.

They would either be horrendously expensive and/or would use units that are bad.

Something like a Formation made out of three of those flyers of yours and all they get is strafing run or +1 to jink or something minor. Sounds decent on paper, but the flyers are not worth taking to begin with.

I'm afraid this is the crux of it. Whatever DA players won't buy is what they'll try to package and sell as something "new" without ever actually making it worth using in the first place.

except the part where competitive 40k died about 1 edition ago :P. Seriously here competitive tournaments like lvo need to shut down its clear there isn't a future for them anymore.

There is still plenty of competitive 40k and it isn't going anywhere for the time being. As long as the game exists there will be competitions. It is just it will always be limited to the best codices at any given time.

I do not think the competitive 40k topic needs to continue. It has been done to death and this topic does not need a reason to be put down by trigger happy mods.

Is this a new boxset or just campaign books? If it's just campaign books, i can believe it. So like Stormclaw and Deathstorm, they just gonna put Dark Vengeance in the middle of it. If it is boxset..... i honestly don't see how it can be. Hopefully... they make Azrael Sword of Secret to AP2 and make him Lord of War on the campaign book. GW already set a precedence on stuffs getting changed in the codex with Zoanthrope Brood. Give us Tactical Objectives too and Unique Psychic Powers too please. 

And while we are wish-listing: combi-weapons for DW TDA msn-wink.gif

This! This would be amazing. I don't ever see it happening though, means changing the current box set.

On a more related note just remember guys that the Stormclaw and Deathstorm sets that were produced are not Starter Sets but a campaign box which is limited edition i.e the packaged box and its contents is limited production including the unique characters. Just because a mini rulebook is contained within the campaign boxes does not make it a starter set.

I've seen a lot of people commenting saying that they wouldn't release a campaign box for DA just because of the Dark Vengeance starter set. This would not be the case at all. Dark Vengeance is designed to provide an entry into the hobby with its snap fit models. Or the campaign box sets were proper models in a bundle and made to also advance a story line/provide new fluff, new formations etc without having to release a new codex (and to make more sales).

Bottom line, I don't think a DA campaign box is out of the question, especially to further the fluff with DA vs Crimson Slaughter. Won't get my hopes up though until the rumours become a bit more grounded.

Is this a new boxset or just campaign books? If it's just campaign books, i can believe it. So like Stormclaw and Deathstorm, they just gonna put Dark Vengeance in the middle of it. If it is boxset..... i honestly don't see how it can be. Hopefully... they make Azrael Sword of Secret to AP2 and make him Lord of War on the campaign book. GW already set a precedence on stuffs getting changed in the codex with Zoanthrope Brood. Give us Tactical Objectives too and Unique Psychic Powers too please.

they would never do stuff like that with a supplement, we would get new warlord traits, New relic tables (our banners would remain though), a new force org chart, and a new set of army wide urs. If I had to bet some kind of money it would be that our entire army gains relentless and existing models with relentless gain hatred (csm) or maybe crusader. This coming at a cost of no more combat squads, or stubborn.

The idea here is to offer an alternative not really any better than our current codex but without doing useless things or making the warlord traits table be improved.

You can also probably bet on the force org chart to be directed towards Dv expansion pack owners. So if I had to guess it would be min 1 hq, 1 elite, and 2 fast with slots for an additional 3 troops, 2 heavy support, 2hq, and then 6 fast and 6 elite

The idea here is to simply borrow 3 troops and 1 hs slot and transplant them into elite and fa.

What this could open up is serious contempor mortis dread wall lists which would be epic or a detachment of six nephilims (or dt) for apocalypse and you can argue how bad they are all you like if you have 6 of them for it's hard to argue and that's only 905 points which sounds like a lot but in a 1500 points game its mildly doable

Archived