Are jump units viable ?

BLACK BLΠFLY

Those are excellent points that I need to ponder properly. I wasn't thinking about that, actually. The scouts would need to infiltrate 12" away from the enemy, boost up and survive a whole turn of fire and possibly close combat in order to actually bring that locator beacon into play. Difficult. Thanks for that, brother, I might have let myself get carried away there.

Hangovers always stir our thirst, brother.

Deschenus Maximus talks a lot of sense in this thread

I normally play Maelstrom missions. If I'm building a BA only list Im using the Baal Formation, maxing my Elite slots with DC and Fast slots with bikers before thinking about anything else. The BA codex is a mono build for me, and it's hard to see beyond this until GW release some alternate detachment rules that open up different builds (I'm not a fan of the more fluffier formations that come out of WD/Exterminatus)

GenerallyI think having a mixed bikers + fast assault element is better than pure bikers. I don't know which is better though DC+BA/SM Bikes or TWC+SM Bikes - I expect it will depend on the points level

I play CSM as well, and we use a lot of bikers.

I'd never considered bikers a shooting unit, they can deliver melts but there big advantage IMO is fast moving T5 unit that can pressure an enemy combined with another unit. A slightly more useful distraction unit you might say.

Attack bikes are different, I've run 2-3 multimelta bikes in almost every list since about 2004.

Can I get more from our bikers? My lists emphasise jump units and fast tanks, so maybe I can do it better.

Any tips on unit synergy?

Archived