Blood Angels WIP Vect

Vect

Good Afternoon,

I have sadly been forced by the local gaming community of Poland to take a break from my Heresy III Legion. I have been unable to find players with such armies and I was not willing to play them as count-as. Due to that I have decide to start a BA army, I have always loved their fluff and have read all of their books, also I find it quite pleasing that the are in essence quite similar to the Emperors Children. The main and obvious difference is that they are on the other side during the Heresy. I have impulsed purchased a whole 3000 pts army, and allot of FW bits for Razorbacks and Land Raiders. The idea was for now a 2000 PTS fluffy list that adheres to the martial and combat tactics of the Blood Angels, the benefit is that the people I play with also play solely fluffy lists. I was at first quite worried with the painting scheme, to the point that I was looking up old masterclasses biggrin.png . Last night I decided to enough of the contemplations lets start with my chapter master!

I hope you enjoy! smile.png

gallery_66530_10311_631598.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_354733.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_219361.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_418666.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_266509.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_163077.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_282081.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments, and I wish you all the best for the year 42,015 ;) may we smite our foes! 

I have assembled a razorback, I have to say that the additions from FW do make a substantial difference. I need your help! I have a couple of very important questions. 

1. in the BA codex there are these standard gw brown bases, should I maybe opt for something like that? Also what is the paint recipe? 

2. Should I give a final Runefang Steel highlight to dante? He has been all ready varnished, but i suppose it should not make a difference.

3. How does one apply properly pigments? I am always confused, and I wanted to hear from someone on the forum, I have the FW ones but I always just apply straight up with a brush. 

Thanks!!! 

Screen Shot 2015 01 01 At 11.57.01 PM

Screen Shot 2015 01 01 At 11.57.08 PM

IMG 1520

IMG 1519

Hmm... I preference lies with the black rims, I wanted to test the other look.

Over the weekend I finally has some time to paint;

1. I rebased Dante due to the fact that I put together a sanguinary guard model and it was taller :P, also I gave a final edge highlight of runefang steel.

2. Painted Astorath

3. Painted my first tac marine, at first I wanted to chain paint five together but I quickly noticed that there is too much detail and different colors for this to be at least a semi enjoyable task. He will also serve as my STC to painting BA.

I hope you like them! :)

gallery_66530_10311_607704.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_293707.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_596214.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_466644.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_454691.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_349754.jpg

gallery_66530_10311_515841.jpg

Thanks! However I am angry about the fact that to paint the whole army to that standard will take me ages, I was not expecting it to take a whole painting day. There are so many small details... 

Thanks! However I am angry about the fact that to paint the whole army to that standard will take me ages, I was not expecting it to take a whole painting day. There are so many small details... 

Ive noticed that if I was to time how long it takes for me to paint a basic tac marine and then paint a "basic" blood angels tac marine that the time involved goes up quite significantly.  Picking out all of the little details takes forever.  However I do think those extra details along with your fantastic painting skills have created a beautiful mini.  Keep up the good work. 

Thanks guys for all the comments, I really appreciate them!

Ive noticed that if I was to time how long it takes for me to paint a basic tac marine and then paint a "basic" blood angels tac marine that the time involved goes up quite significantly. Picking out all of the little details takes forever. However I do think those extra details along with your fantastic painting skills have created a beautiful mini. Keep up the good work.

Aaaargh!!! I feel the rage overtaking me, I guess I was to used to being able to paint 5 tac marines in my EC legion in just two evenings, now the sergeant is killing me. I have painted for two evenings and have just finished the armour. I honestly do not know what to do because at this pace I will end up with one marine per week.

I would love a recipe for that red. Perhaps my favorite take on Blood Angel power armor. (It looks so different from Astorath I assumed it must be a different color list, it is the same?)

Yes in fact it is however Astorath has a much smaller surface area and thus the highlights seem less bright, also due to his fluff I wanted him to be slightly darker. smile.png

Bellow is my WIP of the afore mentioned sergeant of a tac squad, I cannot stress the fact how much of a pain it is to paint, this is something that I have noticed some while ago that the main diffrence between FW and GW models is that FW models quality lies in the detail and intricacy of the armour itself whereas GW is "lets put on purity seals"

:P I just noticed I have to re-adjust his backpack!

gallery_66530_10311_420275.jpg

Archived