Staring down the face of chaos

Crazy Jay

So my next game I'll be facing Chaos Marines/Deamons. I don't really have any experience against them and I was wondering what to watch out for. I really have no idea what this guy will bring other than the game is 1850 and will be a random maelstrom mission. I know deamon prince with a black mace is a possibility and so is the hell turkey. If you saw my other post then you know that I'll be sporting a unit of DW Knights in some fashion. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I would love to bring a traitor in for interrogation.

If you are taking power armoured units make sure you ask if he has any noise marines and keep them away from I think its called a Blast Master. 48" St8 Ap3 Blast, Ignores Cover. Very very nasty. 

A Nurgle Prince with a Black Mace will eventually have to land to do it's damage. That's when you throw your Knights at it (you'll probably need an LRC to do this however).

Keep any Power Armoured marines spread nicely for when the Hell Turkey comes on or it will kill a squad per turn. Unless you have decent AA don't bother trying to shoot at it unless you have nothing else to shoot at.

Also remember you only get preferred enemy with Inner Circle models against the Chaos Space Marines codex not Chaos Daemons so make sure you prioritise your targets. Any Inner Circle character gives preferred enemy to its squad. A few games ago I placed a Libby in a Las Dev squad with a dakka pred hanging around. I'd Prescience the tank and the Devs got the preferred enemy re-rolls. Worked really well.

You can maximise a lot against Chaos so really its down to taking the units you want and then post a list up in the Army List section to see how you can maximise it.

Happy hunting!

Archived