Where to put our new weapon options

bushman101

So with the new codex, we got new weapon options. But as I build new marines, I'm wondering where to put some of these.

To be clear, I have a large BA army. So I'm not hard up on certain builds or formations and pretty much have marines to swap out for other weapon options. I'm just looking for a place to put our new goodies.

Heavy Flamer - built one for a tact squad, but I have a 2nd to use

Grav guns - going on bikes, maybe one for tact squad?

Combi grav - building some for Sternguard

grav pistol - no clue, help?

So with the new codex, we got new weapon options. But as I build new marines, I'm wondering where to put some of these.

To be clear, I have a large BA army. So I'm not hard up on certain builds or formations and pretty much have marines to swap out for other weapon options. I'm just looking for a place to put our new goodies.

Heavy Flamer - built one for a tact squad, but I have a 2nd to use

Grav guns - going on bikes, maybe one for tact squad?

Combi grav - building some for Sternguard

grav pistol - no clue, help?

Heavy Flamer: Great on tac squads, but still see use with sternguard.

Grav Guns: I see them as best for bikes, but since bikes aren't all that great unless you go big, I think it's best to have some on tac squads as well. Really, we all just need a ton of grav gun bits from eBay and that's that.

Combi-grav: I don't really see the point.

Grav Pistol: Great for any grav-heavy squad that you want to give another grav option to. Get an extra grav shot at close range out of your tac squad. Even better on a bike squad's sergeant.

Combi-grav is a better option than the pistol if you don't expect your grav unit to survive much beyond turn one or if you're planning on keeping them stationary. An extra shot on the move, two extra if stationary, for a meltabom's cost less than a pistol has a place in certain armies.

Combi-grav is quite nice for characters on bikes or wearing TDA since they are Relentless. Too bad Death Company cannot take any flavour of grav. :D

I am undecided on the merits of up-gunning Sternguard. You pay a hefty premium for their special ammo which is wasted if you give them a different weapon.

You pay a hefty premium for their special ammo which is wasted if you give them a different weapon.

I can justify it if your arming the unit for flexibility. I usually put combi-meltas in Sternguard to pop vehicles/MC/+2 armor saves.

But Grav is new to me and I have little experience with it. I went ahead and built 2 Sternguard with combi-grav just to try it.

Archived