Best bodyguard for divination Librarian?

hairojin

This is a question that came up in my post in the army list section.

I've decided to use a divination Librarian as my HQ and want a bodyguard for him. Right now I'm thinking that they should be equipped with jump packs as you can't use psychic powers from within a transport.

I'm thinking about these alternatives:

1. Command squad with three plasmaguns, cheap and makes good use of prescience.

2. Command squad with three plasmaguns and three storm shields, added protection but a bit pricey.

3. 5 Sanguinary Guard with two inferno/plasma guns and a fist. Good protection from AP3+ weapons but no FNP and no protection from Challanges for the Librarian, also I feel that this squad doesn't make as much use of prescience.

What I want to know is what would you use as a bodyguard for a divination Librarian?

That is a great idea, a 5 man bike squad with 2 grav guns, a combi grav and a multimelta attack bike is about the same points as a command squad with 3 plasmaguns and storm shields and more bodies as well.

What about the best jump pack bodyguard? The bike squad is clearly the better option for the points but for me I already have one bike squad with a sanguinary Librarian and don't want my list to turn into another bike list. I know this is somewhat of a self imposed limitation, don't know if it makes any sense but that's how I feel smile.png

More great advice smile.png I already filled my HQ though with two librarians so no priest for me. But bigted you got me thinking about switching place and run the divination librarian in the bike squad and have the sanguinary librarian in the command squad/sanguinary guard.

I don't know, I'm not completely sold on sanguinary guard for the reasons listed in my first post and that there's no one in the squad to buff with quickening except for himself. I have to think about it some more.

Would you say Sanguinary guard are worth it as a bodyguard if only 5 man strong? That's all I have points for.

Perhaps on a bike with a squad of grav-armed bikers?

This is the correct answer.

There is no such thing as 'the' correct answer.

There is such a thing as a 'good' answer, even a 'brilliant' answer or maybe a 'weak' answer.

Seems you haven't learned much from recent debates on other threads.

I agree, especially when we have access to two great disciplines as divination and sanguinary. Now the question is what bodyguard would be best for a jump sanguinary librarian?

I have to agree with bigted on this one, but what might be a better bet is have your jump libby in a command squad and the 10 SG advancing alongside. That way you get FNP and can allocate challenges to the champion, whilst still being able to buff the SG so they can do the serious killing. If the command squad start getting shot up bad, just switch the libby over to the SG.

You need to calm down laddie, you're lowering the tone unnecessarily.

You made a statement and I pointed out a flaw in that statement. Simple. It happens all the time on here, part of the process of brethren helping each other become better players. So no need to take it personally.

Archived