Selecting Units

Arkangilos

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did a search and didn't find it (but I could have just searched wrong).

Alright, so to start out, the way I am thinking it works is that you can take any combination of units you want. So theoretically, if I only wanted to take 9 elite units, I could (within the limits of the points, of course). Or if I only wanted to take 1 HQ, I could.

However, detachments and special units require prerequisites, so say 1 HQ, 2 Troops, and 1 Elite. These special detachments give special bonuses, which is why you would want to take them.

So, is that right? Or do I always have to meet those pre-reqs?

Also, lets say that my detachment requires 1 HQ, 2 Troops, and 1 Elite, and does not have other "Optional" allotments, then if I take two elites, only one will receive the benefit of that special rule?  

You are correct.

Unbound allows you to bring any units you want within the point brackets.

Detachments are organizations of units within a certain structure. Basic detachments use Roles to determine what is required and allowed, such as 2-6 Troops. Formations are specialized detachments with specific units listed to create them.

To run a Battle-Forged army, one has to have every unit in an official detachment.

You are correct.

Unbound allows you to bring any units you want within the point brackets.

Detachments are organizations of units within a certain structure. Basic detachments use Roles to determine what is required and allowed, such as 2-6 Troops. Formations are specialized detachments with specific units listed to create them.

To run a Battle-Forged army, one has to have every unit in an official detachment.

Thanks! I had thought so. It's never really been an issue as I've always run with detachments or have done a more narrative selection that was more roleplaying (like people who die are permanently dead, and you chose who went to which battle). But I've been in a few discussions and it made me really think about it, because I didn't want to say the wrong thing.

Archived