Sicaran? Worth it?

Praefectus Invictus

Is the Sicaran battle tank worth the money. Judging by forge world it is one of their most popular kits, being on the top 10 sales list for November. 

I really would like to get this tank, but the guys in my local store are really cautious about playing against Imperial Knights, Forgeworld or even Flyers. I personally am fine playing against the things, I like a challenge. But I wouldn't want to get it and then not be able to use it. 

(Also, where do you find the rules for it?)

What have your experiences with the tank been? Has anyone ever said you can't use it in a friendly game?

Thanks

Absolutely worth it!!!  

They look awesome, they play really well and if your opponents are too chicken to play against it, use it as a proxy for something else!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rules+for+the+sicaran+battle+tank

The Sicaran Battle Tank, designed by Phil Stutcinskas, is a complete resin kit. The rules for this model can be found in the Horus Heresy Book 2: Massacre.

One of my opponents uses it on occasion, it's not that bad to face. There are worse things in the FW armory! The rules are in the HH:Massacre book. Our group was FW adverse but we just took the leap. We evaluate units after play testing it a game or two.

The Sicaran is a good unit, not an overpowered one. The FAQ bringing its AV 13-13-13 down to 13-12-12 levelled it somewhat, but that accelerator autocannon is still a beaut - it shows no respect for armour of any kind, nor MCs nor fairy jink saves. A beautiful beast.

And because this is BA of the B&C and the gents on here are rightfully known to be the finest of the emperor's internet-dwelling warriors, I would just like to say that I have a friend who knows someone whose friend knows....places. Places where treasures long thought unattainable and beyond the budget of mere frater are available in perfectly legitimate abundance at a much, much more attainable trade value.

Places where secret scriptures of old STCs are given freely to those who truly appreciate their value...

...I hate talking in riddles, but I do love this place and my dear brethren...

*whistles and taps finger on table*

I've only played two games with the new codex and also these two games were my first games of 7th ed. First game I had a Baal predator and second game I had the same list but a Sicaran instead. My first impression is that the Sicaran is everything I wish the Baal was.

I ran two for a few games. Had THE most ridiculously BAD dice in the first game and they did literally nothing. My oppo found it funny, I nearly cried :D Second game they were effective through volume of fire, third game they got their act together and chewed up a WK, 2 wave serpents and 9 jetbikes between them. Best leveller we can take vs eldar filthery. This was pre-new dex mind.

Seems to be a common theme that lascannons tend to either miss or hit but not penetrate. I'm still taking them because they made the difference between killing a WS in one turn or not. Schism of Mars if I don't run Caestus. Depends on your meta of course.

The rules are in IA2-SE.

I like the Schism of Mars-Legacy with Lascannons; giving it Tank Hunter and some other small bonuses.

Tank Hunter is such a gigantic boost for his Rending main-weapon and it also aids the Lascannons.

Battle of Sarosh is nice if you know that once per game you really have to annihilate a flyer.

TL, Skyfire, Rending, Tank Hunter, Ignoring Jink, Night Vision.. All of that on 6 shots of S7 will destroy whatever you point it at.

War of Murder is interesting if you face a lot of MC-armies.

So the Imperial Armour book contains rules for it, Legacies of glory and contemptors? If so I might get it for a) the free shipping voucher and b) the rules.

Thanks

Correct. It's a great book.

OP, if you look in the BA resources there's a review written during the sixth edition for this rank and us. (I'd link it but i'm on my phone. Sorry.)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297085-imperial-armour-discussion-tanks/ here you go op. Funny enough I was just reading through that myself. Since running more than one sicarian is too expensive money wise what units would you guys say complements the sicarian I was thinking baal predators or vindicators for someone av 13.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297085-imperial-armour-discussion-tanks/ here you go op. Funny enough I was just reading through that myself. Since running more than one sicarian is too expensive money wise what units would you guys say complements the sicarian I was thinking baal predators or vindicators for someone av 13.

Thanks, I'll go have a look now.

So the Imperial Armour book contains rules for it, Legacies of glory and contemptors? If so I might get it for a) the free shipping voucher and cool.png the rules.

Thanks

From Forge World itself, it is really a great book:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/IA2_contents.jpg

I already have a Sicaran Battle Tank, now I'm saving up for a Fire Raptor Gunship.

And I am still waiting for a model for our Contemptor Dreadnought.

Fire Raptor is amazing, don't rely on it cracking a monolith but its great anti AV and an excellent character assassin. Its won a few battles for me now.

A Sicaran runs very well with 2 of our vindicators, its a hell of a threat and can really spread the hurt around.

Caestus is the next thing I want to try, it seems a bit like the Spartan which is also amazing but I've not used it yet, any tips fellas?

Archived