Carmine Blades

keeblerartillery

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out.  Here are some pics of my test model for a Carmines Blades scheme I'm working on.  I don't know what I'm going to do with the bolter yet or how to make the purity seals and blood drops fit the scheme.  But what do you guys think of it so far?  Thanks!

IMG 0187

IMG 0186

Green or purplish-red purity seals? You could also do light blue if you want the seals to match the helmet. I like what you've done, although the pics are a bit small. I think black bolter cases with silver metal parts would look fine.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think maroon-y seals will work.  And yea, I plan on keeping the helmet like that, minus picking out some piping in silver and doing the eyes in red. Lesson learned: if you are going to fade with ghost tint, don't wash with GW ink.  Wash with the ghost tint as well or else the blues don't match >.<

Hey guys.  I wasn't too happy with the first red so I did up another test model.  A big thank you to LutherMax for divulging his formula for red.  Also, I'm planning on doing my Sanguinary guard in silver and my Death Company in white.  As the Carmine Blades are new to the whole Red Thirst thing, I like the idea that they viewed those overcome with it as blessed by the Emperor as opposed to afflicted with a curse.  So they'll call it something like the Emperor's Chosen company or something along those lines.  Anyways, what do you guys think?  I didn't really get the gradient I was looking for with the silver, does anyone have any recommendations?

IMG 0192

IMG 0193

IMG 0194

Archived