Master of the First ...

Isiah

New DA and Night Lords Horus Heresy audio drama from Black Library. From website and email newsletter:

New Horus Heresy audio drama 2CD set

Treachery is revealed on the Dark Angels homeworld of Caliban, and First Captain Sevatar of the Night Lords seeks to escape his prison aboard the Lion's flagship the Invincible Reason.

The Dark Angels and the Night Lords fought one another to a bloody stalemate during the Thramas Crusade, leaving the First Legion scattered and under-strength. Back on Caliban, those Dark Angels loyal to Luther begin to grow impatient for a return to past glories, allowing the corruption at the world’s heart to spread.

This audio reveals the truth of what has been happening on the Dark Angels home world of Caliban while the Lion has been battling against the Warmaster’s forces on the other side of the galaxy. With ties both to ongoing events in the wider Horus Heresy, and to Gav Thorpe’s Legacy of Caliban series, this is an audio no Dark Angels fan will want to miss.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/master-of-the-first-mp3.html

Cheers

I

The Dark Angels and the Night Lords fought one another to a bloody stalemate during the Thramas Crusade, leaving the First Legion scattered and under-strength.

I don't understandthis one. DA won at a cost, but stalemate, scattered and understrenght is quite a new info..

More than dramatic I would say. After the thramas Crusade the Lion showed at Guilliman's doorstep with enough manpower to wage war against the Ultras. huh.png

Maybe the lion was storing brothers somewhere, maybe in a secret location on the rock. It would explain all the hidden passages and secret rooms in the chapter monastery. Such as the one the lion is hiding in, or the one where asmodai runs off to brood in

The Dark Angels and the Night Lords fought one another to a bloody stalemate during the Thramas Crusade, leaving the First Legion scattered and under-strength.

I don't understandthis one. DA won at a cost, but stalemate, scattered and understrenght is quite a new info..

As of Savage Weapons it was a stalemate, and that would have been after several years of fighting - maybe they meant that instead of where things currently are in the timeline as of the audio, where there is clearly a resolution?

It is just a grimmer synopsis. Like how it mentioned Mortarion licking his wounds in Daemonology. No doubt, Dark Angels took a toll from Thramas but it was not that crippling and grievous. 

20,000 warriors may look like normal figure in a setting which legions numbered around a hundred of thousands each, both in Unremembered Empire and Vengeful Spirit emphasized Lion's lot for awesome reason yet I love that emphasis on Lion and his 20,000 warriors. 

Corswain split DA legion further with him and Belath of the Second Order traveling to Caliban for reinforcements, while Grandmaster Haradin have the bulk of the legion to try bring the fight to Death Guard under Typhon, find Wolf King and search the neighboring system. 

Gav Thorpe's upcoming HH novel is about Corswain, Luther and Astelan and it should be this year.

Well - it is written by Gav Thorpe. Any expectation of greatness is sure to result in disappointment...I am currently giving anything written by Mr. Thorpe a wide berth, since I subjected myself to the torture that was "Deliverance Lost".

I am, however, looking forward to reading "Unremembered Empire" and "Vengeful Spirit".

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

Archived