against SW drop pod list with Murderfang

HaSY

I got a friend have trouble with Space Wolves drop pod list with Murderfang as well. It is a 2.5k game and his deep strikes got countered by Wolf Guard Terminators while the drop pods point blank on most of his own army.

Hm, what exactly about Murderface was the problem? I consider him relatively easy to disable, considering he only has AV12 and no save.

As for pods in general, there is three things you can potentially do without playing Tau:

1) Take characters that can take some abuse and let them eat the alpha strike, even if that means allying an eternal CM. There will be plenty of combi-weapons, so after the first shooting phase his power will decrease.

2) If you are playing DW or DP yourself, have him go first or simply hand him the initiative. His pods come down first and do nothing. You arrive and clean house.

3) Metal boxes. Transports will all be destroyed but the content will be in tact most of the time to echo the drop.

As for Murderface, just get on his rear or move away. He is a 6" moving Dread. Nothing special.

He runs the list with Belial with command squad dakka banner, knights in land raider crusader, 2 deathwing terminators with storm bolters and fists and a plasma cannon, 2 tactical squads, predator tank with las on sides and ezekiel.

I played 1000pt Space Wolf list with a Murderfang in a pod against my 1000pt Deathwing.

A unit of 5 termies charged him (1x TH/SS, 1x Cyclone, 1x Chain Fist). Lost only the Sergeant even though Murderfang still had 7 attacks when I charged. He landed 4 hits, 3 wounds. Took the first one on the Sergeant and failed the other 2 on the TH/SS and saved them both. Murderfang died after that.

As scary as he looks he's not that bad.

Your buddy's army needs chain fists, and maybe a cyclone instead of a plasma cannon. But even weight of regular power fist attacks can take down Murderfang.

I've only faced him once: in a Space Wolf Drop Pod list with an Deathwing-Ravenwing-Azrael bomb list, 1850 points. It turned out very well, even though I took first turn (allowing him to counter-strike my Deep Strikes w his pods).

Black Knights outflanked and then plasma'd Murderfang to death. Don't recall if I got into combat w him or not, but I remember him dropping relatively easy.

He also took a Dread w a storm shield - a much nastier proposition - his 3++ saves mocked all the chainfist hits inflicted. But I whittled him down after 4 rounds of combat - had only 1 termie out of a squad of 6 left standing, but I won. It's possible.

by my math that adds up to just over 2k.  are the 2 termi squads full 10's?  If you do have room for more units add in a squad or two or RAS, keep them small, and loaded, with the MMAB as a kicker, 3 bikes with 2 meltas and a MMAB is 155 points Also, have him consider taking a regular command squad with the banner and 2 meltas in a tactical squad's rhino in order to free up some points.   As intimidating as an all deep-strike force can be remember he has the advantage of having full force first turn.  Over lapping fire, and controlling where the wolves can land will go a long way.  

Just my sorry two cents, I like the look of his army tell him good luck for me, he's got this, Farfromsam.

If there are issues with a primarily deep striking or scouting enemy, load up on inquisitors each with three servo-skulls to make things harder for them when arriving. Coteaz with "I've been expecting you" is also fun.

Favourite Inquisitor build for me (and attaching to DW squads if required): OM Inquisitor w/ tda, daemon hammer, psycannon, ML1, 3 x servo-skulls 119 points I think.

If there are issues with a primarily deep striking or scouting enemy, load up on inquisitors each with three servo-skulls to make things harder for them when arriving. Coteaz with "I've been expecting you" is also fun.

Favourite Inquisitor build for me (and attaching to DW squads if required): OM Inquisitor w/ tda, daemon hammer, psycannon, ML1, 3 x servo-skulls 119 points I think.

Inquisition next to Dark Angels? Isiah, I will assume that every game you ensure that something... unfortunate happens to them lest they start poking around.

Archived