Successor Question Involving Tactical Squad

Arkangilos

Alright, so I have a Successor Chapter of the Blood Angels that I call the Sanguinary Crusaders. My Emblem is a grail with wings. The DC and SG kits come with shoulder pads that have grails that work nicely. 

However, I just bought a Blood Angel Tactical Squad kit and it doesn't have any. I absolutely love all shoulder pads, though. 

I can easily explain the Blood Angel chest piece (the winged blood drop) as symbolic of the blood of Sanguinius in the heart of my chapter (it's location). However, how would I explain the shoulder pads? 

I have other's from my collection that are already like that, so this isn't a new problem, but I haven't thought about making it "work" before. Do you have any Ideas?

You could get away with it, particularly for 1st company vets who may well be using relics from the old legion.

It doesn't actually look too weird, I have fleshtearers (the least blood angel-y of the blood angels successors IMHO) and the wings and drops don't look out of place at all really

I've been running into the same thing with my angels successors and I've worked it out that mine are a recent founding and have not had the time to replace all the parent chapter's markings yet. There's really tons of reasons that you could come up with to explain the older markings.

Archived