Best Allies?

bigted

Hello brothers

I'm considering starting a new.40k army, and I would prefer something that could compliment my Blood Angels, ideally with a different aesthetic and play style (so not another marine army!)

Any advice is appreciated :)

Honestly with all the dataslates and formations I dont think many allies can fit in easily. Imperial Knights and Inquisition are two that you may want to consider, as Knight help nearly everything and Inquisition is a cheap and effective addition.

Imperial Knights

Inquisition

Grey Knights

Ultramarines

Astra Militarum

Astra Militarum is your best bet. They can support the BA assault elements with their impressive firepower, they are great allies and play very differently from Marines.

Your choice of ally will partly depend on how you choose to play your BA. If you play them as a shooty army, then go with Orks or Tyranids as close-combat support (throw the fluff out the window on that one). Alternately you could play a combat heavy BA army with lots of assault marines, Death Company, etc., in which case you might consider allying with Tau, Eldar, Necrons, or Imperial Guard (sorry....Astra Militarum in the new lingo).

Hope that helps.

I play a assaulty army supported by meltacide assault squads in pods and tacs in pods with flamers. I don't have any long range firepower in my collection apart from 2 preds and 5 devs I never use, so guard seem like a pretty good option at the moment.

I take a mega-bikelord (Chapter Master with the works), a unit of Bikes (that count as troops, fully kitted with Melta and an Attack bike), then stick a Sanguinary Priest (on a bike) with them.

Makes for a really solid unit.

Archived