Hello all. I'm starting this post because like some people I get a little bit distracted by new and shinny things. Case in point the new Blood Angels.
There has been a lot of you that have posted on here to motivate your selves in sticking with what your working on and have been quite successful at it.
So I'm going to give it a shot.

Now that I have said all that, here is what I'm going to be working on. It's the new successors to the Blood Angels the Carmine Blades. I was going to go with Blood angels at first but then when I first looked through the Codex I fell in love with the color scheme of the Blades. Plus I wanted to challenge my self with some free hand work. So here are the first three. I have two more that I'm waiting for the wash to dry.

TacSquad3.4

The Mk 6 helm is the first attempt at the chapter Badge then working to the right. I will go back and fix up the older attempts once I am more proficient with the free hand work.  

TacSquad3.3

TacSquad3.2

TacSquad3.1

I am still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the bases. That's why they are on old ones.
So what do you all think?

Flashy, clean.  I dig them.  Way to go the extra mile on the freehand chapter symbol, but you may want to simply use decals for the big blood drops.  Or not.  Some people (like me) hate decals, but there's something to be said for consistency on awkward shapes.  You'll still have plenty enough of a freehand challenge in that chapter symbol ;)

Also, bases?

So thought that I should post something just to show that there's still life with the Carmine Blades. So the first three are what I've been working on. I don't like the two Marines as much, just started to feel rushed. Don't know if its because I was trying to get all the bolter brothers out of the way before working on the good stuff . So I've taken a break on them and started working on Sergeant Leandro. I've added some flayed skin on his belt just to show that part of there background. Didn't want to go to crazy with it just enough to show that side of them. Think it will just be Officers and sprinkled through out the Vet. Squad.

TacSquad3.5

TacSquad3.6

TacSquad3.7

And then a squad shot.

TacSquad3.8

Oh and what color do you think I should paint the lenses? It's red in there picture but I didn't know if that would just be to much red. Or do you all think that the white helmets break it up enough? Looks like all  the other Blood Angels chapters have green lenses

Archived