Possible new DA Codex for 2015 ...

Isiah

Oh dear here we go. Take nothing as confirmed. From Bols:

We've taken stock of all sources and internet chatter and come up with the latest word on the street regarding 2015 Warhammer 40,000 releases:

The Army Books:
(release order is unknown, but the last rumors reported Necrons first)
- Necrons
- Dark Angels
- Chaos Marines
- Sororitas
- Chaos Daemons
The "Special Armies"
This category are the new rumored "small codex armies" that have only a handful of units, short pagecount codices, and are entirely new to the game (or have been out of print for decades).
- Harlequins (rumors say Februrary more regularly)
- Others (conflicting chatter of everything from Ad-Mech to Genestealer Cult, and even more exotic factions...)
In general these are the "Imperial Knight" type releases this year - designed to make a big splash and spike sales due to the fact the faction is entirely new miniatures. Look for 1-2 of these this year.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/01/40k-codices-of-2015.html

I guess it's no surprise (apart from Sisters and Daemons but we can't talk about those here of course msn-wink.gif.)

Cheers

I

It certainly sounds interesting. Though it brings the terror that every new release would bring, aka change. The one thing to look forward to is campaigns and supplements though, they have been pretty interesting, especially if you are interested in the fluff.

Also, Isiah. Bring back that bloody Christmas Hat Oo or some other suitable head wear :D

I am probably the minority, but still I would like to hold on to my DA Codex for a couple of years more. I feel I can still play it that much until exhaustion.

I am very much in the same boat, however, GWs schedule isn't something we can influence a whole lot. So we have to find ways to deal with it.

Besides, DA would be the very first hardcover remake. So things might not change at all.... or, you know, GW might give up Catwing, where we have Lion Cavalry... on a similar note, I heard hell has frozen over and Sororitas are getting plastic minis ;)

Optimistic! I know we've all gone into details about what needs fixing, and I know we are all worried about how new force org changes are going to work but, if they do remove force org from DW, RW maybe their cost will go down.  Maybe it will promote the use of general HQ's rather than the mandatory SC we have to take.  Maybe we'll get a new psychic table!  Who knows maybe the Lion will rise and hug Luther leading to sitcom warm moment with the inner circle applauding from the audience.  Things have DRASTICALLY improved for the legion the past few years, here's to a hopeful future as well.

Lord of War Azrael does scare me tbh... a lot of people don't use him... but that would bum me out.

:cuss

Optimistic! I know we've all gone into details about what needs fixing, and I know we are all worried about how new force org changes are going to work but, if they do remove force org from DW, RW maybe their cost will go down.  Maybe it will promote the use of general HQ's rather than the mandatory SC we have to take.  Maybe we'll get a new psychic table!  Who knows maybe the Lion will rise and hug Luther leading to sitcom warm moment with the inner circle applauding from the audience.  Things have DRASTICALLY improved for the legion the past few years, here's to a hopeful future as well.

Lord of War Azrael does scare me tbh... a lot of people don't use him... but that would bum me out.

:cuss

New named character in the codex: Luther ;) and maybe Sammael will finally manage to put on an Artificer Armour, the dolt!

I will be fine with close to anything that does not require me to field Tacs or Scouts. RW + DW goodness will be all good. Extra point for giving DW TDA the option of buying combi-weapons :D

Extra point for giving DW TDA the option of buying combi-weapons biggrin.png

What are we Chaos?..............................................

Possibly? :D

Nah, I was thinking about WG TDA :P But in conjunction with Vengeful Strike, I would be happy to shell out 44pts per TDA if it meant twin-linked combis on T1 :O

Yup thats the joke.  And yeah Id love to be able to use terminators in that manner.  Would make not having sterngaurd not as big an issue.  Just need more reliable deepstrike options, however if we are following trends we could be getting drop pods in fast attack, but those are pretty valuable spots for DA.

My feelings on this as I posted on Bols

Concerning DA ... They actually don't really NEED to be redone but I ca see why GW would want to do so.

-Make the pagination like 7th edition (one page/one unit).

-Change the name in the foreign books

-Remove the 'unlock troops" options of Sammael and Belial

-Create new FOC for DW and RW : see the archangels FOC in the BA supplement. That's exactly the DW FOC.

-Give the graviton option at least for tactical because they're in the boxset.

- Remove the cheap DA vets sprue to replace by a more costrly one.

Now why DA players would want to redo the codex :

- To give azzy and Belial an AP2 sword.

- To fix the flyers (HB option and Large blast for the cannon of the darktalon at 120pts and HB being a option with S7AP2 missiles at 150 for the Nephilim)

-To fix the darkshroud and LSV chassis : A11 HP3. + give twinlinked to the LSV weapon.

- Give back the option of swapping termi sgt's weapon.

- Give graviton to RW bikes

- Give an inv save to Zeke.

- Do something with the relics (particularly the Monter Hunter)

As you can see, goals are not really shared between players and GW, so if you, as a player, expect something new, then expect to be disapointed.

But I think this rumours is more wishlisting than accurste

So barring Sororitas, all the armies that doesn't have digital presence on epub/mobi (not iBook) will get a remake? 

I don't know man... Lord Of War Azrael might be a good thing. I mean all of the LoW special characters are using an AP2 weapon and Eternal Warrior. All of them. Ghazgkull does, Draigo does, Logan does, Dante does... Assuming only slight changes to Azrael in terms of his other rules and the possibility of losing "making RW and DW troops" which is in line with all the other 7th ed codex.... it's not all too bad. It will make Azrael actually badass in terms of dishing out the damage and taking the hits. No longer will Azrael cower in fear of a Power Fist equivalent. 

Edit: Ok... maybe not Gabriel Seth

Hmm, I will believe it when it's in my hands! ;)

Okay, maybe when it's advertised on the GW website then. :D

Being a little more serious I don't know what to make of this rumour - there are some units that need attention, but the book and list are still largely workable by most accounts. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Seth also does not cost you as much as a Land Raider msn-wink.gif

What I am scared of is that Dakka banner will get a whack with the nerf hammer. By that I mean nerf hammer GW style, meaning it will be nerfed into oblivion.
Also I am afraid that the book will lose its flavour. Sure, plenty of boxes already exist, but there are plenty things that could get lost. For example, no more Smite on Knight, removal of Rad Shells, removal of Relic Banners, removal of Wings...

I am too pessimistic to have conversations about possible changes. I am just having trouble to believe that there will be unicorn magic and marshmellow clouds biggrin.png

Loss of flavor? Most likely. Codex nerf? Very unlikely. Given the codex as it is now, GW can't mess us up any further and with flavor lost, we will get proper power for a marine book. Individual units may take a hit, but as a whole I believe the next codex will be better overall. At least until the next vanilla Space Marine codex hits the shelves :)

I'm expecting something very similar to the grey knight codex, as in running though our current codex and and tweaking it entry by entry. I don't see us getting anything new. I expect a big change to the way that Ravenwing and Deathwing work, either a detachment, formation or codex supplement. I am also expecting them to drop a lot of the unique wargear and unit rules to streamline the codex, fewer banners, no; power field generator, displacer/conversion field, porta-rack. Fewer special rules on terminators and knights.

I hope they fix some of the awful little things that make me cringe every time I read them:

-Ezekiel's sword being two handed with no bonus.

-Asmodai being bog standard save an insta-death knife.

-The blade of caliban.

-The copy paste vet entry that required the exact same errata as the last codex.

-The flyers....

-The plasma storm cannon.

I hate rumours. They really but a dent in my conversion plans. I take a lot of time and effort for just one miniature. When the new codex rolls around and I find out that I can not use said miniature anymore, I will go out and murder someone.. literally.

I might be alone in this, but I even take a price hike if it means to keep flavour.

Oh, come on... Like there's so much valuable flavour in the crunch right now. Most of our current flavour lies in a few useless units and, well, two Knight units that are worth every point. I wouldn't cry for loss of some of our unique wargear if I get enough buffs elsewhere. I certainly wouldn't mourn for dakka banner, as it forces one or two specific builds into our throats and if I don't use them, I feel like I'm handicaping myself.

Archived