Tartaros Terminator Storm Shields?

Aias

I've been wanting to build a squad of Tartaros Terminators for my Alpha Legion army, and want them to stand in for Salamanders Firedrakes (would rather keep the aesthetics unified, as opposed to just using the Salamanders ones). To this end, I want to do TH/SS combinations, but there's no good way to equip a squad with those using the bits packs available from FW, since the Terminator Accessory pack comes with a single example of each, and the Legion Tartaros accessory pack only comes with two Thunder Hammers.

I like the aesthetics of the storm shield in the first pack, but I don't think I can get in the quantities I need (definitely can't afford to buy five packs). Any suggestions?

I'm aware of that; I figure I can make it work, and my local group is fairly accepting of things like that. Besides, there's not much room for confusion as there are few ways to get a TH/SS loadout in 30k besides Firedrakes.

The only other way to get it (TH/SS Terminators, that is) in 30k is to be Imperial Fists and its with Generic Legion Terminators so Alpha Legion Can't take em (HAH IN YOUR FACE OTHER LEGIONS!).

If your group is Ok with Tartaros/Indomitus equipped units being used as cataphractii, then cool. The switch from 2+/5++ to 2+/4++ with S&P is small enough of a thing to remember during play that it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Rules wise, the reason Firedrakes have Cataphractii (even though their suits look Tartaros) is because their Storm Shields only give a +1 to invulnerable saves. So Tartaros would have had them at 2+/4++ instead of 2+/3++ with Cataphractii.

Whereas the Imperial Fists storm Shield is a flat 3++ which changes cost from 15 for Tartaros/Indomitus to 10 for Cataphractii.

Now, modelling wise, you could look for the old Metal Ogrynn Shields to use as Storm Shields. They look like Riot Shields; Long and Rectangular and featureless.

Theres always the Plastic Assault Terminator Kit for their Storm Shields though they might not look the best...

You could try trawling Ebay (might get recasts) or Bits Sellers for enough Shields.

The only Resin Storm Shields being sold as a set are the Black Templar ones.

I've been wanting to build a squad of Tartaros Terminators for my Alpha Legion army, and want them to stand in for Salamanders Firedrakes (would rather keep the aesthetics unified, as opposed to just using the Salamanders ones). To this end, I want to do TH/SS combinations, but there's no good way to equip a squad with those using the bits packs available from FW, since the Terminator Accessory pack comes with a single example of each, and the Legion Tartaros accessory pack only comes with two Thunder Hammers.

I like the aesthetics of the storm shield in the first pack, but I don't think I can get in the quantities I need (definitely can't afford to buy five packs). Any suggestions?

Ironically, I have just done something similar. Looking at the IF upgrade packs that have come out last week I want to do a 40K IF force - and the Phalanx Wardens are a great basis for a Command Squad (lots of laurels going on there), and whilst I'm not going to use the included Boarding Shields on that squad I am planning on using them as Terminator Storm Shields.

My conundrum - the shields are designed to be mounted on a left arm, and the Thunder Hammers in the Legion Cataphractii and Legion Tartaros are all designed to be wielded with left arms. The only ForgeWorld 30k era (because I want to use HH models exclusively in this force) Thunder Hammers I could find in the right arm grip were the basic Tartaros special weapon kit - the same conundrum you're in right now, just with the Storm Shields.

Hence I've just bought 5 of the Thunder Hammers from eBay - £12.50 + £1.45 P&P for 5. It's expensive, but it's got me what I want. If you're worried about recasts there are a couple of sellers that I trust on there that I'm happy to point you to. Having been duped into buying recasts from a seller I'm very cautious and only use certain sellers / sites.

Other than that, there's not too much to do.

Hence I've just bought 5 of the Thunder Hammers from eBay - £12.50 + £1.45 P&P for 5. It's expensive, but it's got me what I want. If you're worried about recasts there are a couple of sellers that I trust on there that I'm happy to point you to. Having been duped into buying recasts from a seller I'm very cautious and only use certain sellers / sites.

Yeah, if you could recommend someone, I'd be grateful. 

The only other way to get it (TH/SS Terminators, that is) in 30k is to be Imperial Fists and its with Generic Legion Terminators so Alpha Legion Can't take em (HAH IN YOUR FACE OTHER LEGIONS!).

If your group is Ok with Tartaros/Indomitus equipped units being used as cataphractii, then cool. The switch from 2+/5++ to 2+/4++ with S&P is small enough of a thing to remember during play that it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Rules wise, the reason Firedrakes have Cataphractii (even though their suits look Tartaros) is because their Storm Shields only give a +1 to invulnerable saves. So Tartaros would have had them at 2+/4++ instead of 2+/3++ with Cataphractii.

It won't be too big a problem mostly because I don't plan on using other Terminators in my army, so it'll be easy enough to remember.

Yeah, if you could recommend someone, I'd be grateful.

The guy I use is thor7128 on eBay. He's good at getting things out quickly, and has a great range of stock that's legit. Got my Tartaros Thunder Hammers yesterday from a Tuesday order, but for someone across the pond it will take a bit more time. I did check his stock before I got the link, and he doesn't have any of those Storm Shields in stock - and surprisingly I couldn't find any on eBay.

Another seller I've used in the past is eggheadminiatures and they've been good at getting bitz out quickly too. Again, checked they're stock and whilst they have Tartaros bitz they don't have the Storm Shield.

Might be worthwhile pinging these guys an email to see if they're planning to get more stock in.

Archived