First five marines painted in years

Neuromancer

Hi there, whoever reads this!

I haven't played a lot of 40k during the last years, and I haven't painted a space marine in ages. But some friends just started a campaign and I dragged my old Dark Angels out of retirement and played a few games. And that's all I needed to have my passion for 40k re-ignited. The Dark Angels were my first love in 40k back in 1995, so they have always had a special place in my hobbyist heart. As so many others, though, I wanted to do something a little bit different, and make up my own successor chapter.

So here they are, Veteran Sergeant Lucifer and four battle-brothers from 1st Tactical Squad, 5th Company of the Angels Repentant. (Sorry about the slightly fuzzy picture. It was taken in a hurry. I'll most likely take some better pictures later on.)

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss70/AngelsTalon/Angels%20Repentant/AngelsRepentant_FirstFive.jpg

They took a lot longer than I had hoped, but I hope the next five will go a little bit faster now that I've done a few. I wrote down all the steps and I think I can speed up the process by changing the order of some of them. And by being a little bit more thorough. I ended up going back and painting bits I'd missed earlier.

I can speed up the process by using some other paints. I used only The Army Painter Warpaints for these, and I quite like them, but most of them does not give good coverage. If I use paints that require one or two coats instead of three to four, it goes without saying that I'll spend less time painting. I will probably stick to Angel Green from TAP for the green armour, though, because then I can keep using the matching spray primer for the undercoat.

They also ended up a lot darker than I'd planned, but that's not really a problem. My style of painting is quite dark, and they are Dark Angels in a grim dark future, after all. smile.png

If nothing else, I can at least honestly say I painted a few minis during 2015. But I do hope I can find the time to paint up some more of these. I quite like how they turned out and I think I can do better next time. We'll see.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully, I'll be back with more painted minis soon. But don't hold your breath, I'm an expert at starting new projects instead of finishing old ones...

Welcome back to the Rock! They look pretty good, particularly the gold on the icon on the sergeant's backpack. I look forward to seeing some more of them!

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with dark Dark Angels.

... yes and a very nice successor chapter colour scheme too. Not too far removed from the founding chapter's scheme which is always good I think :tu:.

Cheers

I

Archived