if I want to replace Captain Tycho ...

Helias_Tancred

if I want to replace Captain Tycho as my third company HQ with a captain of my own creation, own name, fluff, etc can I do that? Or is that generally frowned upon by players?

Like for example if I made a Captain for 3rd company and named him Tiberius, would that be a no-go, or something cheesy?

cheesy is made up rules... make the model you like! check out the BA Character Conversion thread for examples. he could be the captain that took over immediately after Tycho's fall, or of some other period if you really want it to fit in the fluff

The Enlightenment of Horus occurred 10000 years ago, you can have a captain or force from any decade in that time frame.

I'd personally love to see more custom characters and stories, its what made 40k the best Gothic SciFi ever. Make him captain of accompany that was absorbed by nids after an unrecorded battle deep in frontier space, a survivor of heresy or anything else.

It's been 10000 years.  The 3rd Company has had a lot of Captains.  Think about how many Captains it has had just in the time that Dante has been Chapter Master.  Field your Captain with what ever wargear and relic combo the rules allow, name him as you see fit, and start building his legacy of glory on the tabletop.

Well physically I went with the Space Marines commander pack and used a standard looking Space Marine helm from the Sanguinary Guard pack that had a wreath around the top of it. I geared him with a storm bolter and a powersword. I'm going to run his powersword as the relic blade in the new codex with the 2 AP.

While the stormbolter isn't top in pure killing power it puts out a spread of firepower and that's how I see him using his sidearm. I see him in battle up close, shearing off the head of a foe in a blast of bolter shells from the barrels of his storm bolter "Angel's Fury".

He will get artificer armor too.

For names not decided yet. It will either be Tiberius or ... I' m digging deep here, Haldorn. Haldorn being my longest lived still-alive Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1st edition character from years ago ;)

if I want to replace Captain Tycho as my third company HQ with a captain of my own creation, own name, fluff, etc can I do that? Or is that generally frowned upon by players?

Like for example if I made a Captain for 3rd company and named him Tiberius, would that be a no-go, or something cheesy?

Perfectly acceptable.  

"Counts as" as stuff like this the bread and butter of a creative hobby.  Take a look at the other tycho thread to see options!

In your opinion what is a better weapon load out for a Captain ..... Fury of Baal plasma pistol and a powersword, or the relic power sword with the 2 AP and a regular plasma pistol or stormbolter?

Thank you.

I think the Grav Pistol actually makes for a great side-arm for the Captain, especially if you are going for a Thunder Hammer (I am, in one of my builds).  Otherwise, for a Relic Blade (or Valor's Edge), I would rather take a Combi-Melta than the Storm Bolter any day.

Archived