Salamanders Psychic Choir

our_baz

Greetings Guys. Thought I'd start a WIP on the only thing with my Sallies army which is interesting my at the moment I'm sad to say. I Hope by starting this WIP it will keep me energised about my Sallies. I've started work on a psychic choir assembled three models painted two got an old librarian to put together.

My Current Progress is below.

My Epistolary

gallery_72518_8462_176238.jpg

gallery_72518_8462_737293.jpg

My Codicer

gallery_72518_8462_102663.jpg

My Dreadnought Librarian

gallery_72518_8462_254969.jpg

gallery_72518_8462_1106599.jpg

Thoughts and critiques are very welcome.

Baz

Vulkan be praised, more Salamanders!

I approve of the one arm/side being blue. I too, subscribe to the one-arm Librarian pattern.

Libbynaught looks ace too. Where did you get the spear from?

I recommend plastering Libbynaught in Lizardmen bits for that tribal look, but it's down to personal opinion.

Minor critiques:

I assume you wash? The head of the Epistolary's staff is very solid gold, did you wash it? Also a thin highlight of a bright silver (Iirc runefang steel is what I use) on gold features gives them a really nice edge to the darkened shadows. For the 'winged' style that Marines often have it works very nicely.

I use Balthasar gold base, agrax wash, highlight with gehenna gold and then put some more wash into the recesses and drybrush the edges with runefang.

Same with your reds on the Codicier, it's a small part of the mini but they're a very solid bright lump. I'm not sure if this is just a camera effecf but again some washing and edgelighting could improve it.

Another idea is washing the green power armour with a yellow wash. It really makes the green pop, but I would only recommend it on models you want to pop..obviously. If you want a darker green I'd keep as is.

I approve of the one arm/side being blue. I too, subscribe to the one-arm Librarian pattern.

I recommend plastering Libbynaught in Lizardmen bits for that tribal look, but it's down to personal opinion.

Minor critiques:

I assume you wash? The head of the Epistolary's staff is very solid gold, did you wash it? Also a thin highlight of a bright silver (Iirc runefang steel is what I use) on gold features gives them a really nice edge to the darkened shadows. For the 'winged' style that Marines often have it works very nicely.

I use Balthasar gold base, agrax wash, highlight with gehenna gold and then put some more wash into the recesses and drybrush the edges with runefang.

Same with your reds on the Codicier, it's a small part of the mini but they're a very solid bright lump. I'm not sure if this is just a camera effecf but again some washing and edgelighting could improve it.

Another idea is washing the green power armour with a yellow wash. It really makes the green pop, but I would only recommend it on models you want to pop..obviously. If you want a darker green I'd keep as is.

To answer your question on the spear, it is from the Furioso Dreadnought set.

Minor critiques:

Thanks for all the positive comments and advice.

Will probably do alot of free hand scales/flames/lightening on the dread in the areas free of tribal paraphernalia.

The washes on the gold and red are very light now you mention it, ill give them a going over.

Archived