Best usage/load-out for Vangaurd Veterans?

Chaplain Gunzhard

It's not really that much more expensive, really.

Your loadout is 256 pts.

For 300 pts, you'd get mostly the same (power swords on the the Champions instead of mauls/axes) and two additional dudes. That's almost exactly the same as if you'd had brought your VV squad up to 10 dudes (298 pts).

The big thing, though, is that the points you would have invested in getting a Priest for that squad can be redirected at buying something else. That's a big saving!

i think id be tempted to make use of meltaguns if i played that, I would want more than just swords, so would probably need to buy at least a maul.

The concern is that in 1500 or 1850, shaving off 50 points is not too easy.  

It is worth the consideration though, thats for sure.  

What's the rest of the list like?

It's my Gladiator list  at 1850 its:

Priest- BP, V.E., V.V., JP, Ausp

Damocles

8x Vets - JP, 2MB, 4SS, 2PW

10x TAC - GP, GG, HF

Pod

5x TAC - HF

Razor - las/plas

5x TAC - HF

Razor - las/plas

5x ASM - Meltacide

Pod

5x ASM - Meltacide

Pod

1x Sicaran - Mars Legacy.

6x LotD - Cmbi-Grv, MG, MM
6x LotD - MG, HF

1x Vengeance Battery- Quad Icarus

Bit of a revival here, but I noticed this topic was already up. I am curious what would be a good loadout around 245 points for dealing with MCs, and other heavy infantry, going to be bringing a priest with them for the WS3, and FNP. I wanted to try a 10 man squad approach so the priest force multiplier would have a greater effect, but I think more points are needed to be spent on the models themselves to survive high Str low Ap hits. Two configurations I was considering trying out;

10 Man VV Squad w/ Jump Packs, Stormshield, and 3 Melta Bombs.

5 Man VV Squad w/ Jump Packs, 4 SS, 2 PF, 2 LC, and 3 Melta Bombs.

Kind of stumped here, because I've never really used VV before, and I don't want to model them until I know which loadout is more optimal with my current set-up.

Bit of a revival here, but I noticed this topic was already up. I am curious what would be a good loadout around 245 points for dealing with MCs, and other heavy infantry, 

Sternguard, drop pod, 2 grav guns, couple of combi-gravs ;)

They will really be much more effective. The loadouts here are generally for moving across the board and staying alive with enough bodies to cause a dent.

Archived