exterminatus formations. will any help me?

thebymster

I got so swept away with the pre christmas goodies, I kept nothing back for Exterminatus. I haven't heard a great deal about it either. Did we get any all assault / jump formations?

I've got a tourni coming up in few weeks and I'll get book on credit card if it's gonna help me leave stupid tac and scouts at home for a day of friendly / cimperative Maelstrom!

I am so mourning the loss of our best dex, and I feel like I only just discovered it. There must be some.hope for committed jump and hack addicts....

There are no stupid tacs or scouts-there are only players without the wit to use them. Sorry, but its true. Move on, stop moaning about the past and start thinking. The sooner you do, the better you'll do.

You can make assault scouts, you can tool a tac squad to assist your assault marines crossing the board... open your mind to the possibilities. Good luck.

Here you go, dude.

All here:

http://bloodofkittens.com/formation-compendium/

Thanks a lot for that! It's nice to have them all on one page. I'm thinking the Angel's Wrath Intervention force can make quite an impact, getting precise meltaguns down where you need them. Combined with other locator beacons, one could spread the units out to reach more targets.

I've got a question, though...If I understand this correctly, formations like this still benefit from the army-wide rules, yes? As in Descent of Angels(should I take Dante or get lucky on the WL table) and Red Thirst? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Snorri

I've got a question, though...If I understand this correctly, formations like this still benefit from the army-wide rules, yes? As in Descent of Angels(should I take Dante or get lucky on the WL table) and Red Thirst? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Snorri

Nope.  Descent of Angels specifically says it only applies to the Warlord's detachment, and detachment bonuses like Red Thirst only apply to that detachment.

While true for descent of Angels, this is not a general rule. The warlord trait applies to any and all models mentioned in the description of the trait. Heroic Bearing for example applies to any friendly model from the armies of the imperium faction within 12" of the warlord regardless of codex or detachment.

Just read what the trait says. Most will be restricted to the units of the warlord's detachment.

Snorri

Nope. Descent of Angels specifically says it only applies to the Warlord's detachment, and detachment bonuses like Red Thirst only apply to that detachment.

Mh, alright, I can see that. That said, wouldn't the units from a formation count against the unit slots available to my detachment? As in the example given, 1 Elite for the VanVets, and 2 Fast Attack for the assault squads? Or do these exists as a seperate "force" inside the Codex:Blood Angels, i.e. your regular FOC from the rulebook, and have nothing to do with that detachment?

While true for descent of Angels, this is not a general rule. The warlord trait applies to any and all models mentioned in the description of the trait. Heroic Bearing for example applies to any friendly model from the armies of the imperium faction within 12" of the warlord regardless of codex or detachment.

Just read what the trait says. Most will be restricted to the units of the warlord's detachment.

Thanks, yeah that was an oversight on my part. Looking through the rulebook, I can't really find any explanations on how formations are implemented into an army. It just says how to get the points for any formation. This is quite confusing, I thought formations are part of the codex, and, if I use a detachment, part of that detachment also...ermm.gif

Thanks for your patience with me, guys. rolleyes.gif

Snorri

Mh, alright, I can see that. That said, wouldn't the units from a formation count against the unit slots available to my detachment?

No. A Formation is a special kind of Detachment, they're completely separate from any other Detachment in the army.

Thanks, yeah that was an oversight on my part. Looking through the rulebook, I can't really find any explanations on how formations are implemented into an army.

The rules are in the "Formations" sub-section of "Choosing Your Army", the key phrase being "Formations are a special type of Detachment".

Mh, alright, I can see that. That said, wouldn't the units from a formation count against the unit slots available to my detachment?

No. A Formation is a special kind of Detachment, they're completely separate from any other Detachment in the army.

Thanks, yeah that was an oversight on my part. Looking through the rulebook, I can't really find any explanations on how formations are implemented into an army.

The rules are in the "Formations" sub-section of "Choosing Your Army", the key phrase being "Formations are a special type of Detachment".

Thanks for the clarification, mate, found it in the rb as well. I can't help myself but feel that the boni of a formation should really be well worth it, otherwise the loss of +1 init on the charge is a bit meh, eh?

Snorri

Archived