Truescale Crimson Fist Veterans & Truescale Dark Angel

Doghouse

Ok I need some opinions before I get started painting this guy.

The idea is that he will be part of a command squad, the humans will represent agents of the Imperium or mercenaries.

Option one is I do him as a Dark Angel on a lone penitent crusade to hunt the Fallen or option two I do him as a lone Custodes that for some reason has left Terra on some sort of quest or crusade.

Any thoughts?

Deathspectre: Ok mate DA it is...

Lykos: Those do actually look quite interesting but sadly I'd started on the DA.

Quick update.

The problem with having an ancient 10 year old camera is that it's not great for taking pictures...

I'm going for a slightly more old school look for my guy. I'm loosely basing him on the original Epic Space Marine cover but with more of a 2nd and 3rd edition 40k twist. I'll try and get some daylight shots at some point but the green has come out a lot darker on this model that it actually is in this picture.

Using my rather limited selection of paints I've painted him in mix of chaos black and catachan green to get the base colour. This is a much darker colour than the current incarnation but for me that is how DA should look.

I still need to go back and clean up the checks on the shoulder pad and maybe add some more detailing but so far it is coming along nicely.

He did originally have a pointing finger but I managed to drop him and it broke off, I replaced the hand with the only one I had spare but it still works.

I'm toying around with a few ideas for the rest of the command squad but I may include a psyker for detecting the Fallen and a hive world mercenary.

Being Dark Angels though all allies are expendable and should any of them learn who their quarry is he's probably going to put a plasma shot in their face to silence them.

The loose idea I am playing around with is that he is basically on a penitent crusade to retrieve a member of the Fallen that escaped him. Replacing his squad insignia with his personal heraldry he puts together a small team of mercs to aid him in his mission.

From his point of view every single member of the army is expendable, more so should their learn the identity of their target. I'm toying with getting the FW tech thralls to represent mind wiped servitor troops but may hold off till the new admech codex comes out.

http://i62.tinypic.com/6iv76f.jpg

Was just looking through some old boxes and found these two guys sitting in a bits box and thought some people might find them interesting.

Waaaaaaaay back in the day, the Horus Heresy came into being with the introduction of Adeptus Titanicus, this was later followed up by Space Marine with firmly planted the seed for the Heresy as we know and love it now. While my brother and I fought hundreds of games of Adeptus Titanicus and Space Marine we also took our forces to Rogue Trader as well. I commanded the Fire Wasps Titan legion and the Space Wolves while he had the Death Heads Titan Legion and the Sons of Horus. Thought I'd throw these up to show how far things have come since then.

The guy on the left (that I thought looked amazing at the time) is one of my Space Wolves captains before they went all Viking on us, the guy on the right is one of his Sons of Horus.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hgvm7d.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2e1um2d.jpg

Griz: I'm not old I'm experienced...

Kizzdoug: Cheers mate. :)

Apologist: The moment I saw them I had to take some pictures and chuck them on here. I did try and find my old Dark Angels but they must be somewhere deep in the attic.

I've been looking at army lists and have decided on what the first block will most likely be now. As I am using the Astra Minestrone list, due to using the Stracken rules for the Astarte I have a few options. I'm a little sketchy at the moment on how allies works concerning sticking a knight in there but worse comes to worst I can always do an unbound army.

House Myriden 

The first detachment I am basing around the Knight. My initial plans are the knight supported by a guard platoon representing house hold troops. I want a true crusade feel to the force so will be using the forge world Tech Thrall Covenant models with las-locks to represent the guard squads. These will be in the colours of House Myriden.

I'm thinking maybe four squads of these to give me a solid bulk of the detachment. Then maybe cultists as conscripts representing a 50 man religious fanatic group.

I did have my heart set on a FW Tallarn Desert Raiders force to make up the second platoon but sadly FW don;t seem to stock them anymore.

Archived