Questions re WD articles and other things (Formations, etc.)

appiah4

In an attempt to grab recent White Dwarfs with rules and painting articles on Blood Angels, I managed to track the following issues down:

33: Space Hulk, Space Hulk Painting Guide

44: Deathstorm, Captain Karlean Painting Guide

45: Blood Angels & Successors Painting Guide

46: Flesh Tearers Detachment Rules

47: Shield of Baal Formation Rules

Once I grab these, I have pretty much every rule published for BA in WD so far, right?

Also, what other sources for rules (and which ones..) remain to be bought for me?

Finally, have the Storm Wing Formation rules been published in WD?  Or are they dataslate only?

Thanks...

(Emperor protect, this game is bloated..)

Both Exterminatus and Deathstorm in the Shield of Baal campaign have formations, detachments, relics, warlord traits...

Afaik, the stormwing formation is digital only.

I already have Deathstorm, so a copy of Exterminatus is all I would lack?  What exactly does Exterminatus have rules-wise?  Sorry for being an ass :(

Plenty of formations, some with very interesting rules (like storm ravens coming from reserves in the 1st turn and allowing deep strikers assaulting when they land). But the strongest formations have high point restrictions. There are 2 (I think) new BA detachments with warlord traits and relics. 

The new detachments are 1st Co and Flesh Tearers. 1st Co unlocks plenty of elite slots, but with limited choices (no SG or DC :( ). FT has more FA slots, and only 1 troop minimum, but the special rule is quite meh, specially because it does nothing for the DC, and +1I on DC is very good.

There's plenty of formations/detachments to chose from, so you're likely to find something you fancy. At least it'll make you raise an eyebrow every now and then. But it's not like the SW supplement and their brutal detachment, kick ass relics and nice warlord traits.

For me it opens some nice options if you're bored of the main dex, but I haven't built any list with any content from it yet. I don't play much though.

There's also a detachment (and a few formations I think), warlord traits and relics for Necrons. Haven't payed too much attention to that part of the book tbh :)

And some missions, but again, haven't even read them. I play like once a month, so the regular missions offer enough variety as it is.

Plenty of formations, some with very interesting rules (like storm ravens coming from reserves in the 1st turn and allowing deep strikers assaulting when they land). But the strongest formations have high point restrictions. There are 2 (I think) new BA detachments with warlord traits and relics.

The new detachments are 1st Co and Flesh Tearers. 1st Co unlocks plenty of elite slots, but with limited choices (no SG or DC sad.png ). FT has more FA slots, and only 1 troop minimum, but the special rule is quite meh, specially because it does nothing for the DC, and +1I on DC is very good.

There's plenty of formations/detachments to chose from, so you're likely to find something you fancy. At least it'll make you raise an eyebrow every now and then. But it's not like the SW supplement and their brutal detachment, kick ass relics and nice warlord traits.

For me it opens some nice options if you're bored of the main dex, but I haven't built any list with any content from it yet. I don't play much though.

There's also a detachment (and a few formations I think), warlord traits and relics for Necrons. Haven't payed too much attention to that part of the book tbh smile.png

And some missions, but again, haven't even read them. I play like once a month, so the regular missions offer enough variety as it is.

OK, it will be mine. :)

Archived