The Angels Sanguine

GrandMagnus

Ooh hoo hoo! My nipple armor is all a-tingled with this project!!!

If I might ask, how did you get such clean lines bisecting the marine's paint scheme? Did you use tape or some other infernal device?

A very VERY steady pulse and a detail brush :P I did the red first so it would be easier to fix with black paint. And Emperor bless the nipple armor.

Alright, as promised I have an update on the next marine in the squad. For some reason I feel like he isnt up to the standard of the previous mini, but he looks okay none the less. I had a picture of him from the front but it came out blurry and I havent been able to take a new picture, I will do that some other day. As you can see the gems are blue and I think it actually looks really good. His base isnt finished either and bases are always what troubles me the most. 

I would have done more, but me, my dad and my older brother just got our hands on Bordelands 2 and spend most of the day killing marauders :P

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-01-15215102_zps6eaf1c95.jpg?t=1421269255

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-01-15215107_zps22114b7d.jpg?t=1421269255

What is it that you aren't happy with? I think it looks great. msn-wink.gif

Cant tell for sure, its just something nagging me but I cant quite put my finger on it...

Anyways, Ive been thinking about the rules for my army and keeping in mind I dont play Im doing this from a fluff standpoint.

I am going to represent the IX legion during the Great Scouring / Age of Rebirth, so kind of the transition between legion and chapters. So first of all, colour scheme is that of the chapter, I imagine the legion is beginning to divide their chapters by organising the chapters of a 1000 marines each with their own colour scheme and heraldry. BUT, they still havent adopted the Codex Astartes organisation entirely and the tactics of the codex.

So rules wise I am going to use the HH rules. But with a few limits, such as units must not exceed 10 marines and each company have a 100 marines. But they are not necesarilly organised as Codex Companies, some still being dedicated support, tactical, assault and breacher companies. Also, I will be adding older armour marks and a few bits of MK VII, to represent the supply lines being slowly reestablished.

Let me hear your thoughts on this and any ideas to add or ways to improve the idea.

Basically these initial minis Im painting are my test minis, so figure out how to paint the scheme. So I might test out a bit brighter red next time or a diferent kind of black as well as practicing the freehand chapter badge.

Alright, If I can get myself together today I will be ordering the following:

1. MK V Assault kit from FW (to field as a HH despoiler squad or assault squad?)

2. Citadel 40k basing kit.

3. GW 32mm bases.

Also, sorry for no updates but I havent had any time.

cool stuff Anaziel =) keep it up!

3. GW 32mm bases.

they are still not available (atleast for me) sad.png

http://www.games-workshop.com/es-ES/32mm-Round-Bases-x10

Weird... I found them under the "bases" section.

doh! in austria, they are out as ever :<

http://www.games-workshop.com/de-AT/32mm-Round-Bases-x10

hm, i may order a blood angel tactical squad to get the next 10 bases for my 'manders (i need the infernopistol either way)

EDIT: WHAT, they are available as in this second biggrin.png wuhu tongue.png ordered 50 bases tongue.png muahah

EDIT2: just ordered mine, and now, they're gone again xD

Okay, GW, this is more than a bit annoying. The 32mm are suddenly not available sad.png One would think that if they plan to make space marine armies use 32mm bases they would stock up on that, but oh well. Guess Im gonna have to wait with that.

BROTHERS, SISTERS, THE ANGELS RETURN!

Finally GW has the darn bases available, so Im gonna go ahead and order those MK V marines, the basing kit  and the bases (2 packs, just to be sure).

So, give me a week and I will give you some new stuff.

BROTHERS, SISTERS, THE ANGELS RETURN!

Finally GW has the darn bases available, so Im gonna go ahead and order those MK V marines, the basing kit  and the bases (2 packs, just to be sure).

So, give me a week and I will give you some new stuff.

buy them! before they're gone agaaaain :Q

Wait, do they sell the bases on the site now? How'd I miss that..?

Anyway, I like this project a lot. I'm a big fan of Angels Sanguine, and I've always thought they should be a darker red than regular BAs, so this is very cool to see. I love the plasma glow and the chipping on that combat knife. The white wings are also a great touch; consider keeping them throughout, imo, in places.

The blue blood drops stand out a lot more, so nice job there and the marine as a whole is great quality. An army like this going to look fantastic.

A little nitpick, the gold looks like it's both lacking depth and a bit too shiny. That could well be personal preference as I like my metals quite dull.

AKG: Yeah, they sell them, but they arent always available and saddly I just missed it (or was mislead by their website dry.png ).

Sock: Its mostly the light (a sharp white light bulb) that brightens the gold, its more dull in person. But Im trying out some diferent techniques, Vadskær had a nice method I have to try.

I think I might have to add some Ultramarines (or succesors) as allies in the future, they are my favorite legion and seeing as FW is getting closer to releasing them it seems as a good idea. Also because GUILLIMAN.

One thing about my angels sanguine is that, even though a major part of their fluff is they dont show their faces, Ive decided to give some of them bare heads. I figure that the tradition didnt appear until a few hundred years after the heresy when the BA geneseed started degenerating, maybre creating some sort of malfunction.

Archived