Astorath: keeper of relics?

Brom MKIV

We need Reclusiarchs for that, which we don't have.

They told us in a mail that they "house-ruled" it to Chaplains, but we do not have an official FAQ.

So Astorath won't work.

PS. You can take a Relic of the Armoury in your Primary Detachment.

The Reclusiarch is only needed if you want to field multiples.

That seems pretty simple. Must include a Chaplain to benefit from Keeper of the Relics. Astorath is a Chaplain, the High Chaplain no less, ergo he can get you an extra relic.

To be honest, that's just common sense anyway, but at least with FW having an official line certain people who need it in black and white can be mollified.

That seems pretty simple. Must include a Chaplain to benefit from Keeper of the Relics. Astorath is a Chaplain, the High Chaplain no less, ergo he can get you an extra relic.

To be honest, that's just common sense anyway, but at least with FW having an official line certain people who need it in black and white can be mollified.

The current non-'FAQ' wording is that you need a Reclusiarch, not Chaplain. That's where the query's from.

I think he (sock) was referring to people confusing the FW house ruling, not the general confusion. (methinks!?)

A bit of both really, Morticon. The wording from FW there is nice and clear so shouldn't be confused, but amongst most gamers I can't see any reason why they wouldn't have been able to figure out the FW house-rule themselves unless they were intentionally being a pain.

Maybe something 'official' is needed for tournaments, I don't know.

Because I feel quite uncomfortable telling the people that I can surely do something because Naftka said that someone else got an e-mail telling us it's okay to use a Chaplain for that.

Same goes for the Storm Eagle and other "answers".

The Chaplain-thing won't be a problem.

But how about Astoroth? Or Lemartes?

Especially the last one, since I would use an Elite-slot to unlock multiple Relics of the Armoury.

That is why most people prefer to follow the RAW, because it let's an unbiased third party set all the rules.

I know that, but anyone with a lick of sense and a degree of empathy towards their fellow player would have known to implement just such a solution without official FAQ say-so.

This is not a great argument.  When playing within a rule system that theoretically makes things even and fair, you have to play with it all the way.  Now, anyone who came up before a match and asked if they could do this, I would say yes, as long as it is brought up prior to the game.  I would not however denigrate anyone who decided to say no, you cannot do it.  Seriously I have had people try and tell me it is "common sense" that Tyranids can all move at least ten inches and get three attacks in close combat for the shooty guants because close additional close combat weapons are assumed to be on all models despite the rules being contradictory.  I have had people argue necrons scarabs can hold tanks in close combat, and if a tau squad has a shield drone then everyone gets a 3+ invul save because it whips around the squad.  All real examples, all of which I was called things that would go against board rules for me to post.  I personally would not attempt to use a second relic until such time as an official FAQ comes out.  Forge Worlds seems to actually care about their customer base to a certain extent, so its likely not long in coming.

Because I feel quite uncomfortable telling the people that I can surely do something because Naftka said that someone else got an e-mail telling us it's okay to use a Chaplain for that.

Same goes for the Storm Eagle and other "answers".

The Chaplain-thing won't be a problem.

But how about Astoroth? Or Lemartes?

Especially the last one, since I would use an Elite-slot to unlock multiple Relics of the Armoury.

That is why most people prefer to follow the RAW, because it let's an unbiased third party set all the rules.

RAW say KoR "purchased as an HQ" so Lemartes is out, that should not even be a concern. Also FW house rules say Chaplain, not someone from the Chaplain order, to further back up your point.

Honestly unless specifically stated I'd allow a Chaplain but not Lemartes or Astorath. Fluff-wise even though Astorath is the High Chaplain, his duties and activities are extremely specific, I doubt he's shepherding relic vehicles around to various detachments.

Rules wise, I usually go with RAW rather than RAI, it's less confusing and leads to less complications in the long-run.

Archived