Deathwing Knights and Ravenwing Black Knights

DA_WarM

HI guys,

I recently bought the Dark Vengeance expansion kit.  I had a few questions.  I already have 5 DKs and 3 BKs.  I already used the bits of the DCS to make a standard bearer, champion and apothecary (because I can!)  How many Terminators should I build as Knights?  I was thinking about 8, because there is only 4 maces in the kit and 1 flail.  Should I add a second grenade launcher, to have two for 6 BKs.

For the flyer I was thinking of building the Nephilim and magnetizing the TL lascannon and avenger mega bolter. 

Thanks for your input.

Your plans sound good to me. Having a grenade launcher (in the bikes) for every 5 bikes is what I go for. For the Termie Knights, personally I have only gone over 6 once.... unless you're playing massive games they can be difficult to fit into an objective secured list, so I rarely play over 5.

HI guys,

I recently bought the Dark Vengeance expansion kit.  I had a few questions.  I already have 5 DKs and 3 BKs.  I already used the bits of the DCS to make a standard bearer, champion and apothecary (because I can!)  How many Terminators should I build as Knights?  I was thinking about 8, because there is only 4 maces in the kit and 1 flail.  

Sure but the standard seems to be 6 + an independent Char in a LRC

Should I add a second grenade launcher, to have two for 6 BKs.

YES!  If the rad grenade hits you can use a stasis grenade for the next one.

For the flyer I was thinking of building the Nephilim and magnetizing the TL lascannon and avenger mega bolter. 

Why dont you magnetize the whole thing.  It's a $75 kit that less than $5 worth of magnets makes completely switchable.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271107-magnetizing-your-nephilimdark-talon/

I'm in the process of building the dark talon and have magnetised the bolter/rocket & mega bolter /rift / las

Mostly coz it looks more pimp but can't see as anyone will object if it has the right guns on it

My banner Raven guy is magnetised arms are pretty easy so would recommend an apothecary giving you a command squad

My opinion on death wing knights is you can never have enough

Small world, I also just finished picking that box up! Mostly just for parts and bits, but I was quite happy with it.

I always looked at the knights as being more of a thematic and centerpiece choice, rather than a workhorse.

Having 5 or 6 of them in the collection is ideal, otherwise, more Deathwing terminators just seem like the practical thing, and DW termies made from that new box are quite snazzy. There's just something that 4/5 thunderhammer and ss DW, with a heavy weapon that sings out as amazing.

Small world, I also just finished picking that box up! Mostly just for parts and bits, but I was quite happy with it.

I always looked at the knights as being more of a thematic and centerpiece choice, rather than a workhorse.

Having 5 or 6 of them in the collection is ideal, otherwise, more Deathwing terminators just seem like the practical thing, and DW termies made from that new box are quite snazzy. There's just something that 4/5 thunderhammer and ss DW, with a heavy weapon that sings out as amazing.

I have quite a collection and plenty of heavy weapons to work with : 2 heavy flamers, 2 plasma cannons, 3 cyclones (1 on a LC guy) and 4 assault cannons.  I might add a cyclone or two (I have two spare from Dark Vengeance) and an assault cannon or two.  You may add 8 storm bolters, 7 lightning claws, 6 thunder hammers, 6 sergeants, 1 banner, 1 champion and 1 apothecary to the pot. 

I already have 5 knights. I was wondering if I assemble them as a second squad or as additionnal members to the first squad and take the rest and make 2 thunder hammers with it.

Archived