Sergeant Loudout?

FishFuzz99

What are your guys preferred loud outs for the sergeants of the various squads?

Devestators probably don't need anything. Maybe a power weapon on an assault squad. Combi for a tactical sergeant? Scouts?

Also, when does that painting challenge begin?

devestators - nothing

tacticals - combi-weapon, usually matching the special weapon in the squad

assault - veteran sergeant, power sword/melta bomb or power fist depending on your taste

scouts - depends on the squad, if snipers then just give him a sniper, if theyre going for close combat a melta bomb is a must and even a combi-melta can be useful since you can get into melta range very quickly and pop a shot, but only if you have the points to spare

For scouts I would either just take some meltabombs, tacticals might be the same way, but with furious charge a power sword is reasonable. Assault marines do deserve a power sword or maul, but that is completely dependant on freeing up those points.

Back in 3rd with the old Furious Charge (+1S +1Init) I always favored power weapons to take advantage of the initiative bonus; in this edition I've gone back to that. And it seems like most often meltabombs are a good easy choice as well.

But my flamer, heavy flamer squad the sergeant has hand-flamer and power weapon, whereas my shooty squad ( plasmagun, MM ) he has a combi-plasma.

devestators - nothing

tacticals - combi-weapon, usually matching the special weapon in the squad

assault - veteran sergeant, power sword/melta bomb or power fist depending on your taste

Basically this.

My scout sergeants don't get jack, since if I'm using scouts, it's just to fill a couple of slots in a second detachment cheaply.

I am building a couple of inferno pistol gunslinger sergeants for my meltacide pod-squads. They effectively double the anti-tank firepower of the squad which is its primary purpose so to me the points are well spent.

Biker sergeant gets a combi grav naturally. ;)

Devs don't really need anything and Tacticals depend on how you have kitted out the rest of the squad. My CCW Scout Serg is getting melta bombs. I am tempted by a power weapon but not sure if it is worth it.

Archived