Firepower Paints a Heretic...?

Firepower

Eberious, go away. You'll see this soon enough. Shoo! Scat!

So, this is my finished XMas gift to our one and only Eberious. What? XMas came and went?

Well...Warp travel, and time, or some such.

Whatever! Well our mad artificer of the Eternal Crusader apparently has paddlins due, because he wanted a Khornate character. It took a while, seeing as I had to purify my brushes before every sitting at the desk. That, and I also had to figure out some things about painting red, and more importantly, blood. Tamiya Clear Red and I now have an understanding: I'll leave it alone if it leaves me alone. tongue.png

Unfortunately, the machine spirit of my pict device was every bit as reluctant as myself, and so the focus is less than ideal in places. Considering the extra work I put into the base, this is a bit annoying, but such is life. The hands, back and head are all just temporarily attached via greenstuff blobs, because all those wonky angles would suffer hells untold in the post.

Enough jibber jabber! Model!

gallery_38474_6917_14634.jpggallery_38474_6917_29371.jpggallery_38474_6917_28660.jpggallery_38474_6917_5640.jpg

C&C welcome as always, but remember that this is a super hush-hush secret gift beyond the fact that it's simply a Khornate bossman, so make use of spoilers where necessary smile.png

Edit- Found a pretty simple way to fix some issues with the focus:

gallery_38474_6917_11111.jpg

Dat old skool magic, still love the metal Chaos Lord models.

Well done on the freehand WE and Khorne symbols, boss.

Don't call it magic. I feel wretched enough without relating this to sorcery. :P

I can't help but feel the WE symbol on the glove looks a tad silly, but damn it's small. I wish I could've found the original arms, but that thing has been in my bitz box for many, many years, so it's hardly a surprise that bitz went missing.

That's a paddlin'...... Couldn't resist.

Many paddlin's. sleep.png

Don't call it magic. I feel wretched enough without relating this to sorcery. tongue.png

I can't help but feel the WE symbol on the glove looks a tad silly, but damn it's small. I wish I could've found the original arms, but that thing has been in my bitz box for many, many years, so it's hardly a surprise that bitz went missing.

Mmm-hmm. All that bloody Khornate goodness and a loathing for the cowardice of sorcery. He's a natural. :P

That's a very nice mini you have there, I like the shade of red and the freehand. It's funny you should mention the lack of the original arms, as I was actually going to comment on how effective-looking the swap was before I saw that - I'd just assumed it was a deliberate replacement.

Archived