Termite (Underground Drop Pod)

Dark Sensei

Hi Fraters !
Much to my regret, it has been ages since I started a post on my favourite forum. I'm now playing Squats and my auld Black Legion is a souvenir. I promess I'll try to stirr my small Deathwatch project and bring some venerable Astartes back here (In respect for venerable elders, I'll probably start by an Iron Soul).

Ok, I'm here today to catch a few C&C on my future project: A Termite.
This type of Imperial underground transport exists in 3 sizes and this is the smallest one, roughly the size, rules and capacity) of a Drop Pod.
Without further ado:
Mole Mortar deployed armament (left), underground sonar (right)
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Dark-Sensei/Squats/Image4.jpg
Propelling "screws"
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Dark-Sensei/Squats/Image5.jpg
Door
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Dark-Sensei/Squats/detail_bouclier_01.jpg

Décorations (initially Squats) are planned to be easely removable and replacement by Imperial iconography may be an easy proceedure.
I'm working on it with an immensely talented guy (Micos, for those interested by Iron Hands) and in good hope the result (will be cast in resin) will be a decent one.
Trying to put images atm (struggling with the system).

So many thx for image helps, frater !

This is so cool! I agree that it could use more doors, but that's a minor gripe. This is just too awesome. If you're aiming to make it more drop pod-like, I don't think it'd be that hard to have maybe 3 doors, and a set of propeller screws in between each. But I really like how solid this looks right now so I'm hesitant to suggest changing anything. 

Thanks for your answers !

The door is a rising one and the model will be designed to be able to open / close. Behind it, there will be a diaphragme / iris one, I'm still unsure this very one will be able to open / close.

There will be only one door for 3 reasons:

- I wanted some place for an optional armament (and naturally, some armament capable of underground shooting like a heavy Mole Mortar) ans some place for some sonar / radar to coordinate underground assaults.

- The structural toughness needed to bear a huge drilling head without bending allowed a minimal amount of doors.

- Good auld RT goodness and a salute to the ancient versions.

Still unsure about when this be finished but its my third miniature project alongside a Squat character and I never drop something I start so be sure I'll keep you in touch.

For info, Micos (the hobbyist I'm honored to work with on that project) work can be found here, believe me, you won't lose your time throwing a glance:
http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=19564&st=0

I can see why from a gaming point of view people would like more doors, but from an aesthetic pov (and obviously, the practical one!) one door works perfectly. I don't think anybody would be bothered if it was the size of a drop pod that your grumpy little friends with beards disembarked in 360 degrees.

Such a cool design and it is easy to see what it represents; RT uber-coolness. I couldn't think of anything to make it any better. Where are you going to use the decals? Are you going to magnetize them?

Looking forward to this :)

Many thx fraters.

Its an Imperium fitting transport, Adeptus Mechanicus included. If I remember well, last time a digger was depicted in a BL book, it was in an Eisenhorn book and it was mastered by an Priest of Mars (ok it was more likely Hellbore size and had a plasma bore... AdMec "pimp my ride" version of it).

On a gaming point of view honestly, if you play in an official tornament, well, you're screwed (sorry, was poor), if you're playing amongst friends, well, a count-as drop pod explanation should solve the door problem.

The decals ? Oh they are not exactly decals in facts. More likely like an optional surrounding line where personal (Chapter / AdMec / =I= / Squattish...) iconography could be displayed. Micos and I are discussing about its final shape atm... Anyone will be free to glue them or not.

I saw your signature, frater MordentHex 8)

Btw sorry for my french... I'm affraid my English is rather erratic according to a radical inquisitorial line. 

Archived