Lets Talk Flyers (Again)

BadDice0809

I haven't played the Stormraven because of its cost and it feels very much like an 'eggs in one basket' kind of unit.

I want to use its capacity for something like Termies and a Dread but that leaves a lot to go wrong in a game.... flyer gets shot down, it arrives late, etc, etc. I think if you're using the Raven it really should be for something that can take advantage of the assault ramp otherwise, you might as well just deep strike....

The efficiency of the Stormtalon keeps me coming back. Sure there are games it/they do nothing and die ungloriously but at their points cost it never seems like a game breaker if that happens.

Sometimes the good ol' Quad cannon feels like a better idea than flyers because some armies basically own the air and I would say marines ain't one of them. For instance if I face IG I have little chance of surviving a full turn of dual Vendetta's so the Stormtalon is just a write off... and I usually take 2!

Furthermore, I feel I can get away with writing off a stormtalon but a stormraven? Nope. Between its cost and the payload it's carrying that could be a game breaker.

Archived