Assault cannons in 7th

Corrupted

Sadly i guess the designers had the problem to squeeze the assaultcannon in the weapon range that is available to Space Marine forces. It's right between the all present heavy bolter and the autocannon. So they had a problem not to make any of the 3 weapons totally obsolete and for this situation the assault cannon ist as good as it will probably be.

@ Loar: I really love attack bikes but i really hope they will never expand the heavy weapon choices for them. One problem I see with widening weapon choices with weapons that terminators can have is devaluating them. For example: when the terminators were the only ones with Stormshield and Thunderhammer - there was a good reason to take them. With the PA guys having them too their value was diminished. Same goes for Lightning Claws and stormbolters - now even Heavy Flamers have started to get distributed to tactial squads and sternguards - and the cyclones are no longer terminator exclusive. Result of all that is people started to stay clear of terminators - but hey at least we have the choice of elite units :).

Sadly i guess the designers had the problem to squeeze the assaultcannon in the weapon range that is available to Space Marine forces. It's right between the all present heavy bolter and the autocannon. So they had a problem not to make any of the 3 weapons totally obsolete and for this situation the assault cannon ist as good as it will probably be.

@ Loar: I really love attack bikes but i really hope they will never expand the heavy weapon choices for them. One problem I see with widening weapon choices with weapons that terminators can have is devaluating them. For example: when the terminators were the only ones with Stormshield and Thunderhammer - there was a good reason to take them. With the PA guys having them too their value was diminished. Same goes for Lightning Claws and stormbolters - now even Heavy Flamers have started to get distributed to tactial squads and sternguards - and the cyclones are no longer terminator exclusive. Result of all that is people started to stay clear of terminators - but hey at least we have the choice of elite units smile.png.

The problem of terminator is their insane cost... not their weapons... ;)

Ya I suppose I could take 5 tornados at 400 points.... And yes I certainly could make the same argument for heavy bolters, you know as heavy bolters are awful. I am simply saddened to see assault cannons moving in that direction. I don't want to spam assault cannons as much as I don't want to spam melta which I seem to now be doing so I don't get my robed butt kicked all over the table top.

The fact chaplain lucifer made an analogy to heavy bolters kinda embodies my point. I suppose I could be living in the past, I sure do miss the days when heavy bolters were worth taking.

Archived