[Armour of Contempt] Space Marine Culexus counts-as

Kastor Krieg

I'm trying to come up with a good conversion to use a SM counts-as with the Culexus rules. I'm thinking about something Templarish, obviously. My inspiration is the Ravenor quote:

Chaos claims the unwary or the incomplete. A true man may flinch away its embrace, if he is stalwart, and he girds his soul with the armour of contempt.

-from The Spheres of Longing

but also this quote:

My armor is contempt.

My shield is disgust.

My sword is hatred.

In the Emperor's name

LET NONE SURVIVE!

I'm aiming for something between the challenging majesty of the Emperor's Champion and the mobile aggression of the gunslinging Cypher counts-as I've recently made for my Blood Angels crusading army. Therefore a good blend of stabby and shooty (to reflect his phtooey attack) with the "armour of contempt" theme. I'm thinking some kind of artificer armour, avenging angel theme maybe, something like a cross between pissed off, pointing at you Astorath and the saintliness of the holier-than-thou-witch Sanguinor.

Here's the Cypher I mentioned:

http://i.imgur.com/lhYRkir.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wZ5hjhq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ut283Kn.jpg

Thoughs, ideas? smile.png

Two thoughts:

- a bulky (termie ?) torso with a top mounted Culexus weapon, like a small scale cyclone launcher
- a PA type, with a psychic hood/enclosure with cables to a pair of wrist mounted weapons

I think a weapon/head hybrid would look awkward compared to the original, as PA nullifies the frail body structure juxtaposition, not to mention the difficulty in an asymetrical head+shoulderpads modelling-wise.

Was thinking of some Necron pistol(?) for the weapon barrels that I may or may not have imagined......

That model, while cool, looks too "gun-ho".

For a "Faith is my shield" concept, I'd probably go for as light an armour as possible and probably "ninja-ish" with a sword and a pistol (yes, I know that sounds terrible, but its the best defenition I can come up with ATM).

Just a brainstorm:

- Take the concept from GW assasins: usually skin tight body armour, dynamic poses and a flair of unsheeted blade

- Harlequins, while xenos (boooo boooo) do pose for the athletic/agile concept...like wytches from the DE

In terms of mobility...what about a marine giving a side kick (as in hitting with the back of his heel at an enemy), with a combat knife?

Sounds upclose and personal, vicious and brutal...how's that for an idea?

Hope it helps :)

It's going to be really hard to do a Space Marine In Tights, I'm afraid.

I'm considering going for the classical "exorcist" pose, with a Holy Orb of Antioch extended in the guy's hand in front of him, shielding himself from "evil" (known to some SW as "maleficarum"), while bent forward, kind of "walking against the wind", with a sword in his other hand, low behind him, poised to strike.

I know my Templar brethren would surely love that! rolleyes.gif

The only thing that pops into my sleep deprived brain when you mention artificer armour,  the Sanguinor, and Astorath together is a Sanguinary Guard model. 

Loose the jump and wings.  Replace them with a cape kinda like the SM captain kit and a power pack.  Remove the Angelus bolter from the arm and do a shoulder mount/power pack mount for it heck do one over each shoulder.  Swap out the arms and glaive for a big two handed weapon like an eviserator.

Yah thats all I got for an idea....Now for bed as its almost 6am and I've been up all night.  So goodnight and good luck with your brainstorming.

Archived