Question regarding DW assault

Politix

Not sure if I am just misunderstanding the rule. It says models with the DW assault special rule AND TDA can DW assault. But the fez also states that characters equipped with TDA gain the DW assault special rule. Clarification?

I believe inner circle allows them to DS as if they has DWA rule. You're good to go!

No. Deathwing Assault is a special rule of Deathwing squads, Deathwing Command squads and Deathwing Knights and any individual DA model in termy armour (p65 and p44 Codex DA).

(Sadly, allied termy models attaching to DW units don't have this rule so can't DWA. Something easily forgotten in the heat of the moment.)

Inner Circle is something entirely different :).

Cheers

I

Yeah I dont have an ally units I use. There is a local game this weekend wih 2v2 at 10k pts each side. My teammate is rocking nearly 7k of IG/AM so I am bringing to bear the full might of my DA! Since they are not using force org I am simply using all my models (almost)

My list:

Azrael- Command Squad:

Apoth, 3 x Meltagun, PF/PP

Libby 

Chaplain - PP/Crozius

Drop Pod

DW- Command Squad:

Int- Chappy (TDA, Crozius, SB)

Libby (Mastery 2, TDA)

5x DW w/ TH/SS

DW- squad 2

Vet Sarge (PS/SB)

1x AC/PF

2x SB/PF

1x SB/CF

Transport- LRC

DW- squad 3

Vet Sarge (PS/SB)

1x AC/PF

2x SB/PF

1x SB/CF

Transport- LRC

Tac Squad 1- 

Vet Sarge (PP/CS)

1x Plasma Cannon

1x Plasma Gun

7x BG

Tactical Squad 2-

Vet Sarge (PP/CS)

1x Plasma Cannon

1x Plasma Gun

7x BG

Tactical Squad 3-

Vet Sarge (BP/CS)

1x ML

1 x Plasma Gun

7x BG

Assault Squad-

Chappy w/ jump pack

Sarge w/ PP/PS

2x PP/CS

7x BP/CS

Ravenwing- 

Squad 1-

3 Bikes- teleport homers

1x Vet Sarge (CS)

1x Plasma Gun

1x 1x BP

Squad 2- 

3 Bikes- teleport homers

1x Vet Sarge (CS)

1x Plasma Gun

1x 1x BP

2x Vindicators

1x Las Predator

1x Dread (MM/PF with stormbolter)

Think is is everything I am using. I have no flyers currently and no super heavy vehicles/walkers. The opponent is very heavy, using a massive amount of points on a small number of models. My teams goal is to overwhelm his supers with massive amounts of rolls. I plan on using DWA in turn 2, hopefully smacking into his main command group and demolishing it. Most of the seriously hard hitters will be from my allies IG/AM while I will essentially be running as a vanguard force. IF I can finish my DW assault squad (Sarge, 3x LC, 1 Heavy Flamer w/ CML) by this weekend then I might throw them in as well. This list also does not account for any additional wargear, as we have all decided to base that equipment off of the "campaign settings" ie: what WOULD your unit actually have available. I am fully expecting to gt my ass handed to me.

sorry for the poorly formatted wall of text

Archived