Forum Challenge of the Week: Most Effective BA HQ with Bike

appiah4

In terms of modelling opportunities; the Tech marine is something you could probably have the most fun with. Personally I'd like to see one on a low floating platform magos style leading the charge with his 6 arms all laying down the hurt.

Anyone else wish we could take the Techies, Libbys, Chappies and Priesties with 3 wounds? sad.png 2 just seems so few...

Random thought though: imagine if a Tech marine fell to the black rage... Would they let him keep the servo harness? Imagine the destruction...

Techmarines don't even have W2...

sad.png

Alright, so tomorrow is the end of this challenge, and in attempting to pick a winner to model and paint, I just realized something..

Half of these builds are impossible WYSIWYG.

For example, how does one model the Relic Blade, Storm Shield Captain on a Bike? How does he steer the thing let alone wield the sword with the shield.. on a bike..

Or the Thunder Hammer and Lightning Claw dude.. Really? Hammer in one hand and a huge clawed power fist in the other - how do I ride?

I'm considering googling Space Marine Captain on Bike for images, but I'm almost scared to do it biggrin.png

EDIT: One possibly very cool conversion I can think of.. Turn an Attack Bike into the Captain unit; i.e. an SM rides the bike, the Captain rides in the cart, on foot, with weapon and shield in hand?

EDIT2: Ah crap, as with every other cool thing in the world, someone already did it (at least not on Simpsons..)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UTZlOEmbs4E/TT2G7XGplnI/AAAAAAAAAJg/0OGRy7JiY38/s1600/space_marine_captain+%25281%2529.JPG

As a sidenote here's the unit the character will run with:

5 Space Marine Bikes; Veteran Sergeant, Power Fist, Auspex, 2x Plasmagun

Basically, a standard 6th Ed. codex Blood Angels bike squad; I'm not really keen on moving to Grav with them, I want to keep them as a shock assault troop rather than something I keep away and shoot with..

As a result, I'll either be going with something that helps with resilience (Priest) or punch (Captain)

Of the current Captain builds, what really strikes me as most potent is he Captain with Artificer Armor, Valor's Edge and Grav Pistol on Bike.  I'm not sold on the SH, as the character already has a 4++..

For the Sanguinary Priest, I'm considering Grav Pistol and Valor's Edge.  Lack of a Storm Shield choice here really hurts though, 3+/FNP is pretty rough compared to 2+/4++

I'm veeeery likely to go for the captain, unless someone changes my mind until tomorrow ;)

Archived