Deredeo Dreadnought -- The "uber" Mortis!

L30n1d4s

Mortis Dreads step aside, FW has just released the Deredeo Dreadnought and this thing is a beast, especially with its ability to choose to use Skyfire/Interceptor with BS5 and 4 x Twin-Linked S8 AP4 shots a turn (all with the ability to re-roll failed Armor Penetration rolls) if it doesn't Move or Run.

Check out the rules below:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/D/Deredeo.pdf

Not cheap points-wise and only one per detachment (it is a Relic of the Armoury) unless you take an Interrogator-Chaplain, but this thing can definitively solve Dark Angel anti-air problems (and it is still very good at combating non-flyers, like Eldar Wave Serpents, for example).

It can also do quite well against Flying MCs, such as Tyranid Hive Tyrants and Harpies, Daemon Princes of all varieties, and perhaps the new Necron C'tan variants (don't know if any of them will be FMCs or not).

At $152NZ each, buying two is going to hurt. Bring the pain!

This critter is the perfect example of why ACs and other weapons are becoming redundant ;) Now if they could only give normal dreads AV13 front and options for armored ceramite I'd be happy on the outside too.

I really wish they gave it more Angels paraphernalia. Even though Blood Angels and Dark Angels are the only 40k chapters who can take it, it's painted ultramarine? What's up with that? Don't get me wrong, I love the rules, but the model just seems a little bland.

I really wish they gave it more Angels paraphernalia. Even though Blood Angels and Dark Angels are the only 40k chapters who can take it, it's painted ultramarine? What's up with that? Don't get me wrong, I love the rules, but the model just seems a little bland.

1. Its the generic version. They may do legion specifics (if at all - contemptors have that covered) at a later date.

2. its made for 30k First and the Dark Angels haven't been covered in the HH series yet - so no DA specific stuff has been released to date.

3. The showpiece is painted Ultramarines colors because the next HH Book, Book 5: Tempest is about the battle of Calth and will feature the Ultramarines and Chaos Word Bearers.

Hope this clears things up a bit :p

1. Its the generic version. They may do legion specifics (if at all - contemptors have that covered) at a later date.

2. its made for 30k First and the Dark Angels haven't been covered in the HH series yet - so no DA specific stuff has been released to date.

3. The showpiece is painted Ultramarines colors because the next HH Book, Book 5: Tempest is about the battle of Calth and will feature the Ultramarines and Chaos Word Bearers.

Hope this clears things up a bit :p

I misread who it was for, skipping over the C:SM and just reading C:BA and C:DA

My bad, brother

No worries, its all good!

Just wait till FW actually do the DA for the HH @_@ Glorious Kits will abound and your wallets will weep bitter, bitter tears as it is ravaged for its innards.

They should be done in the next year; Prospero should be in the Fall/Winter with the Calth book this spring/easter leaving only the Dark Angels, Blood Angels and White Scars needing representation in the setting.

my poor little contemptor!

I have to say he doesnt get out off the rock much so ill be sticking with him and using my relic slot for the deimos execution pattern predator for a bit longer. (its just way too much awesome)  and anyway who does this guy think he is?? I dont see any plasma options which make me sad.  if hes an old brother of the rock he should be mounting super hot death... maybe a land speeder vengance battery :P

Stick a bunch of DA icons on it and it'll look the absolute business, the real question is Bone or Green?

Neither, the heraldry of the First Legion is Black, or do you need a visit to Cell 42 to jog your memory? devil.giftongue.png

My memory is fine Space Vampire; We changed our livery to honour lost Caliban and to pay homage to the loyalty of our liege the mighty Lion El Jonson. We also divided our Legion as did yours on request of the High Lords of Terra and I assure you we maintain only cursory ties of fealty between our Chapters.

Move on, nothing to see here...

At $152NZ each, buying two is going to hurt. Bring the pain!

This critter is the perfect example of why ACs and other weapons are becoming redundant msn-wink.gif Now if they could only give normal dreads AV13 front and options for armored ceramite I'd be happy on the outside too.

Yeah you buy them Stobz I am sure they will get painted in a few years :P :)

I know what I'll be converting this weekend!

My mother-in-law got me a Hydra for my birthday and I didn't know what I was going to do with it... until now!!!

My Dreads were already cringe worthy (price wise) conversions... They are about to get worse.

Now to figure out what to use for the Launchers?

Not sure if I want to buy 2 Whirlwinds just to get the launchers to convert this.

I haven't seen a Contemptor in person yet, is it on the same size base a Classic Dread / Ironclad?

Or does it use the larger oval flyer base?

Archived