Deredeo Dreadnought -- The "uber" Mortis!

L30n1d4s

Damn... I looked good on paper, but I don't think I could bring myself to field that miniature on a table. It might be the ugliest thing I've seen in a while...

Well if you fancy something a little more traditional-looking another BnC user named kitwulfen whipped up this quick photoshop alternative:

Damn that thing looks big. Too streamlined for my tastes, though. I may be a curmudgeonly old fart, but I don't quite have the same nostalgia for models of the old days that some folks do.

Now, if the torso matched the legs as boxy rather than boaty...hmmm.

Real quick photoshop job for you.

http://i.imgur.com/O1lSUbS.jpg

Call me old fashioned but I prefer the look of that mocked-up kitwulfen version as it doesn't look like it has the bonnet of a car grafted on its front yes.gif. I have no doubt as to its on-table capabilities - and I know its based on an old model - but to my eyes the Deredeo looks seriously odd.

That aside, what expensive Forge World book do I need to buy in able to field one? I get confused by the plethora of what's available nowadays.

Cheers

I

At the moment, none. 40k rules for the Deredeo are experimental and can be found here.

Thanks. Ah yes but they reference back to a Forge World book for certain rules. But it tells me which one so that's ok.

That's what I needed to know.

Cheers

I

Call me old fashioned but I prefer the look of that mocked-up kitwulfen version as it doesn't look like it has the bonnet of a car grafted on its front yes.gif. I have no doubt as to its on-table capabilities - and I know its based on an old model - but to my eyes the Deredeo looks seriously odd.

i totally agree, in my mind it was more a rubber boat than a car hood, but whatever it might be, it looks really odd.

but i'm looking forward to a lot of cool conversions to change my mind and force me to throw money at FW againmsn-wink.gif

In the Independent Tracking rule, what does "ignores intervening obstacles to line of sight in open terrain" mean?

Intervening obstacles could block line of sight or provide cover.

So does it mean line of sight not required and/or ignore cover.

In the Independent Tracking rule, what does "ignores intervening obstacles to line of sight in open terrain" mean?

Intervening obstacles could block line of sight or provide cover.

So does it mean line of sight not required and/or ignore cover.

Such a terribly written rule.  I had the same questions, if they ment for it to be the same as the smart missle system tau have they should have just worded it the same.  If they only meant one of these they should have just said "does not require line of sight" or something similar.  This just seems like such an easy thing to clarify and they didn't.

At the moment, none. 40k rules for the Deredeo are experimental and can be found here.

Thanks. Ah yes but they reference back to a Forge World book for certain rules. But it tells me which one so that's ok.

That's what I needed to know.

Cheers

I

The book will be HH:Book 5 of the Series featuring Ultramarines vs Word Bearers at Clath to be released later this year/easter.

For those in need, when I get back home on Sunday, I can post some basic information about the rule needing the book. If I recall correctly, it removes the extra armor pen die that Melta usually gets.

Paul

Archived